• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown opening - Friday, 11/28/08

Greg

Staff member
They fire them up tomorrow night. Looks like there is a good chance at T-day weekend at least...

Greg

Staff member
Looking very promising for the 28th. Opening plan is Canyon Run, Nor’easter, Temptor, Stinger, Exhibition and Little Joe. If the weather stays cold, they'll try to open with more. Plenty of time to seed bumps. ;) Think COLD!

So who's in for the day session and who's in for the night? I'm definitely out during the day. Night might even be a stretch, but if I can pull it off, I'll head over.

Greg

Staff member
I'm in for both sessions. :snow:

You're not core enough.

I'll probably be there on Saturday too.

I might bring Abby up there that day to get her season started. My dilemma is going to be Sunday the 30th. If there are bumps on Temptor, it's going to be very difficult to not ski Sundown and drive to Hunter instead. Great problem to have.

gmcunni

I'll be using my ski sundown pass on friday 11/28 but it will be for a discount on my Okemo lift ticket :razz:

bvibert

Staff member
You're not core enough.

Thinking about seeing if I can ski from opening to close...

I might bring Abby up there that day to get her season started. My dilemma is going to be Sunday the 30th. If there are bumps on Temptor, it's going to be very difficult to not ski Sundown and drive to Hunter instead. Great problem to have.

I hear ya there. I probably won't get out anywhere on the 30th though....

Greg

Staff member
The Accuweather 15 Day and the NWS 7 Day both suggest snowmaking temps at night right up to Thanksgiving. At this rate, we might see at mountain that opens pretty damn near 100%.

Greg

Staff member
BTW - I fixed your quote for ya... 8)

I have to imagine that Chris is going to do everything possible to get Temptor seeded:

http://forums.alpinezone.com/39367-sundown-mogul-plan.html

I don't think lack of snow will be any problem, that's for sure. Water is holding up well as I understand it. Seeded bumps in November will be an amazing feat. I'm sure they could do a soft opening this weekend if they wanted to, but I'd rather wait a week and have them open with a ton of terrain, seeded bumps and a full on terrain park for the rats.

This weather has been ideal for them. I'm so pumped.

downhill04

If I make it, it will be with my 4y/o Breckin. He is itching to get out almost as much as me. He has been walking around the house in his ski boots the past two days.