• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarbush Update: Sugarcard --> Sugar Direct

thetrailboss

Staff member
I was just looking at SB's site and saw on the bottom that the Sugarcard is being replaced by the Sugar Direct card. Some details:

$99 buys you:

Upon purchase you’ll receive a FREE All Mountain Ticket, 25% off peak midweek tickets, 20% off weekend and holiday lift ticket rates during the winter season, plus upon your 10th lift ticket purchased, the 11th is FREE. Sugar Direct members also receive 10-15% off lodging, rentals, retail, restaurants and more. Must purchase prior to December 18, 2009. Valid through May 16, 2010. Click here for a full list of benefits.

Looks something like Smugg's Bash Badge.

Thoughts?

deadheadskier

Staff member
Killer

would be sweet if they offered a Sugarcard 'Plus'. I almost got one, one year when living in Burlington, but was moving to Maine at that time and passed. Bought early bird, it was like $120 at the time. Similar benefits, but the kicker was skiing after I think it was March 1st, was free.

I'm trying to see if they still offer that. Since I began typing this post, their webpage hasn't even started to load. This is something I've frequently noticed with Smuggs. Their webpage tends to be as slow as their lifts. :lol:

madskier6

I already have a SugarCard. I've had it for 5 years. I wonder whether it's valid any more & whether I have to now buy the Sugar Direct in order to get any type of savings. Win: any input on that question?

vonski

I believe the Sugarcard will be valid for the 09/10 season but will expire after this coming season.

Win responded to this on Skimrv.com. He stated that it is good for 09/10. Then will be no longer. The Direct card is a much better deal with the additional discounts initial free ticket and free day after 10 tickets bought.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Win responded to this on Skimrv.com. He stated that it is good for 09/10. Then will be no longer. The Direct card is a much better deal with the additional discounts initial free ticket and free day after 10 tickets bought.

It's only a much better deal if you plan to ski there every year. The Sugarcard rolled from year to year with no annual commitment. With the new card, you are committed to $ each year.

Doing some quick math, the break-even appears to be two Saturdays. 99+ 20% of $82 = 165 -> 82.5/ticket.
I'm also assuming no tax.

Does anyone have the current rules for the Sugarcard? I called the resort and got the discount levels, but wanted to see what else was on the card.

Last edited:

WWF-VT

SugarDirect members receive:

•One FREE transferable All Mountain Lift Ticket (valid through 05/16/10)
•25% off peak midweek Adult All Mountain lift ticket rates and 20% off Adult All Mountain weekend and holiday lift ticket rates. Plus upon your 10th lift ticket purchased, the 11th is FREE. (valid 11/06/09 - 05/16/10)
•15% off midweek resort lodging (valid 08/01/09 - 05/16/10, except holiday weeks)
•10% off ski/snowboard rentals (valid 11/01/09 - 05/16/10, except holidays)
•10% off tuning services at the Bull Wheel Tune Shop (valid 11/01/09 - 05/16/10, except holidays)
•10% off at Timbers Restaurant (excluding alcohol) (valid 08/01/09 - 05/16/10)
•10% off at Hogan's Pub (excluding alcohol) (valid 08/01/09 - 09/26/10)
•One FREE transferable Zipline ticket voucher (valid weekends through 10/12/09)
SugarDirect card must be presented at time of purchase to receive these discounts.

vonski

Thanks but I'm looking for info on the SugarCard.
The Sugarcard if you have one is valid again this year only and then no longer. So, you should get same discounts as in past, I guess but next year there will be the annual investment needed for the Direct card. I would buy the Direct Card this year regardless as it will pay for itself after a few days. I don't recall any real benefits other than the discounted lift ticket with the SugarCard. But I really never checked.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Thanks but I'm looking for info on the SugarCard.

The first post of this thread says:

I was just looking at SB's site and saw on the bottom that the Sugarcard is being replaced by the Sugar Direct card.

Sugarcard is no more. It has been replaced by SugarDirect, which does appear to be a year-to-year program.

Last edited:

vonski

Sugarcard is no more. It has been replaced by SugarDirect, which does appear to be a year-to-year program.

If you have a Sugarcard it is good this season still, It won't be next year. This is directly from Win Smith on Skimrv.com.

thetrailboss

Staff member
If you have a Sugarcard it is good this season still, It won't be next year. This is directly from Win Smith on Skimrv.com.

Yes, I did see that. The resort is making it clear that the SugarDirect is the new program.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com

Not true. It continues through this season, this has been confirmed since the summer. Which is why I am looking for the printed terms of the Sugar Card, so I can make best use of the card I now have.

thetrailboss

Staff member
It continues through this season, this has been confirmed since the summer. Which is why I am looking for the printed terms of the Sugar Card, so I can make best use of the card I now have.

Have you contacted the mountain?

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
As mentioned the Sugarcard is just a discount card no added perks IIRC. BTW, when the Sugarcard was first offered it was free but then people paid $75 for it. Not sure of the timeline.

I don't remember any other perks but the lift tik discounts but tomorrow I should be working near the SP office and will double check for you. If you have any more questions you can call the Bush's 800-53-SUGAR number and ask to be transferred to the SP Office.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Yes I did, as I mentioned in my original post. They only answered specific questions I asked. Bob did not volunteer complete information, which I why I want to see the original promotion in writing.

There's nothing more we can say other than only the mountain can tell you the terms unless someone can find archived a promo ad or something else that has the terms and even then they may not be the same.

Lostone

The Sugarcard, if I recall correctly is a simple discount off every ticket. I thought it was $20, but I can't find any info that old, here. If you have one, it is still valid, this year. If you don't, it doesn't matter, as it is no longer offered. Perhaps someone who has(d) one can remember the savings? I doubt you'll find printed material about it in promotional info, as they're not selling that, any more.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
There's nothing more we can say other than only the mountain can tell you the terms unless someone can find archived a promo ad or something else that has the terms and even then they may not be the same.

I found it. For 2006:

TICKETS & PASSES: SUGARCARD

THE SUGARCARD - Your membership card to the outdoors!

$59 (one-time membership fee) gets you…

1. SAVINGS- UP TO 25% DISCOUNT ON LIFT TICKETS!

Special Midweek rates for Sugarcard holders only! Ski or Ride the entire mountain for just:
    $49 midweek/non-holiday
    $55 weekends/holidays
    Save up to $14/day! No blackout dates!
  2. CONVENIENCE - GO DIRECTLY TO LIFT!!

No need to go to the ticket window or carry your wallet! Your SugarCard will be backed by your credit card and will be scanned right at the lift. Spend more time on the slopes and less time getting there!
Don't have a SugarCard? There are two ways to get one:

1) Buy now online or call 800-53-SUGAR $59 one-time fee

2) Buy an Adult All Mountain-6, Adult All Mountain-5, or a Adult Mount Ellen Season Pass and get a Free Sugarcard Upgrade. Buy now online

Already have a SugarCard from last year? No need to renew, your SugarCard is valid for the 05/06 season, and it won't expire in the future! If your contact or credit card information has changed, please call 1-800-53-SUGAR so we can update your SugarCard.
How does it work? When you sign up for your SugarCard, you back it up with a valid credit card. Your card will NOT be charged (other than the $59 registration fee) until you ski or ride at Sugarbush. Go directly to the lift with your SugarCard and it will be scanned before you get on just like a regular day ticket or season pass. Your credit card will then be charged for that day at the special SugarCard rate - no need to wait in line at a ticket window again!
All Season Pass/SugarCard operations are at to Mount Ellen until both areas (Lincoln Peak & Mount Ellen) are open, at which time Pass Cards may be picked up at either base. Current Ticket Office Hours: Weekends: 7:45AM to 4PM. Weekdays: 8:45AM to 3PM
As always, we encourage you to pick up you pass before the first time you ski or ride to avoid waiting in line! We cannot send Pass Cards through the mail, sorry.