• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

ALPINEZONE SUMMIT at SUGARLOAF: March 26-28, 2010

Mildcat

And possibly more at elevation, from what I'm hearing!

Directions:

Those directions are spot on. Going over the bridge and past the paper mill will save a couple of minutes just make sure you hold your breath going by the mill. ;-)

darent

Locals--I'm coming from Sunday River to Sugarloaf on Friday. Which route is best? How is the road from Rumford to Rangley? Is it bumpy still? What about the (longer) route up from Farmington?

RT 2 to RT 142 to kingfield was the way I went in feb from SR to Sugarloaf, nice drive and you don't have to go through farmington

WoodCore

Flat and fast.

Just the way I like it!! :flame:

I'll make sure to bring some tuning stuff with me just in case anybody needs some edges! Hook me up with a beverage or two and I'll make sure you've got something under foot that will slice and dice with ease.

bvibert

Staff member

I'll make sure to bring some tuning stuff with me just in case anybody needs some edges! Hook me up with a beverage or two and I'll make sure you've got something under foot that will slice and dice with ease.

I might take you up on that, still not really sure what I'm doing.. ;)

Greg

Staff member
Tonight: Snow. Low around 26. North wind between 10 and 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Wednesday: Snow showers. High near 27. Blustery, with a north wind between 16 and 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Wednesday Night: Snow showers, mainly before 8pm. Low around 16. Wind chill values as low as -1. Blustery, with a northwest wind between 22 and 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

Thursday: A chance of snow showers after 8am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34. West wind between 15 and 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Thursday Night: A slight chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -1. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 14.

Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around -6.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 22.

Saturday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 2.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 32.

Wow. Iceberg city. Hopefully more snow materializes.

Greg

Staff member
More details:

AlpineZone Mogul Challenge:

Location – Upper Winter’s Way (start at intersection of Spillway X-cut and end at Midstation X-cut) – Natural, classic Eastern bump run. No snowmaking, never groomed, Volkswagen-sized bumps with little discernible rhythm. Unlike any other bump course.

Registration – The competition is free. Register at the AZ welcome party on Friday night. Last-minute stragglers can also register at the top of Upper Winter’s Way on the day of the comp.

Time – Saturday, March 27 - 11am-12pm

Format – Timed run. No turning or aerials judging. One run only. Best score wins. The spirit of the race is to foster fun competition between AZ members.

Award – You’ll be competing for bragging rights and a special award presented by Greg Blasko of AlpineZone. The award will be given at the AZ Après Party at the Widowmaker Lounge on Saturday from 3-5:30pm.

Unless we get some snow this week, this is going ot be a survival mode contest. Who's in?

Greg

Staff member
Updated roll call

Let's update the roll call. Unclude any other people in your party so we have a gauge on who many are planning to attend:

Greg
bvibert
severine
deadheadskier
JimG
wa-loaf
Woodcore (also skiing Friday at Saddleback and possibly Thursday and Monday as well
Reefer
DoubleEject
powdahound
Peter F. (he says he's been trying to sign up to AZ.....but I don't know how hard.........)
WJenness
From_the_NEK
Paul
riverc0il
skibum9995
roark
thetrailboss & SO
o3jeff
rocoJerry (+ AZ recruits?)
madskier6 & son Kevin & his friend Kyle

Greg

Staff member

Care to toss a pair of 17-18 meter race skis in a 175 cm in the car? BSL 326mm. DIN 7-8. Thank you. ;)

Maybe I'll take you up on that carving lesson this weekend. :lol:

wa-loaf

Greg
bvibert
severine
deadheadskier
JimG
wa-loaf
Woodcore (also skiing Friday at Saddleback and possibly Thursday and Monday as well
Reefer
DoubleEject
powdahound
Peter F. (he says he's been trying to sign up to AZ.....but I don't know how hard.........)
WJenness
From_the_NEK
Paul
riverc0il
skibum9995
roark
thetrailboss & SO
o3jeff
rocoJerry (+ AZ recruits?)
madskier6 & son Kevin & his friend Kyle
Snowmonster

Greg