The Santa Conspiracy - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I didn't tell my kids. I let them figure it out themselves. Once they had real doubts, I didn't try to sell them on Santa. I think they figured that Santa was a fun make believe thing long before they honestly expressed doubts. It took a while before they were ready to spoil the make believe by saying the truth out loud.

My best advice would be to do the same. You'll know when they're ready to end the Santa game.
    Support and maintain the Cohos Trail:
    http://www.causes.com/causes/555098-...he-cohos-trail

Team Pedxing walks for burn survivors.
    http://apps.facebook.com/causes/302329

Beware, though- kids are smart, adn will likely milk the Santa thing for at least two years after they figure it out. Especially if they can guilt a couple extra presents out of "Santa" by threatening not to believe in him anymore.

I say you dont tell them, let them convice you they know and then maybe admit it.... this is a second grader your talking about ....my first grader still believes

born to ski forced to work

Santa Claus is a tradition, a ritual, part of our culture. When you lose these traditions and rituals then you lose part of your culture. Save Santa Claus!
    www.firstlightphotographics.com

" Some failure in life is inevitable. It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all -- in which case, you fail by default,"

To beat the grim reaper in life it's not about how long you live but how you live it.

After (wife) having three kids, trust me, they'll have it figured out long before you'll know. In the long history of human beliefs in the Claus our civilization hasn't ended yet because our kids figure it out. So enjoy your kids and remember, some of us on this BBS still do believe in the man. After all, where did my new flat panel monitor come from?
    See you on the trail

Quote Originally Posted by TramperKen
    So enjoy your kids and remember, some of us on this BBS still do believe in the man. After all, where did my new flat panel monitor come from?
    Fell off the back of a delivery truck?
    Making sanity obsolete since 1982...

Mike P. wrote
    If Santa would deliver oil instead of coal, I'd be bad 24 X 7! Well, okay I've been doing that already for years!

((*
    *))NHPH

I kinda agree with Pedxing. Sure, it can be fun, but when they figure it out, don't try to sell it to them anymore. Kids can be convinced to believe Mom and Dad, even if it ain't so. But then trust issues may arise later, with that inthought back there somewhere.
    lovin life,

Bob

Hey! No Santa?

Then who's been raiding the liquor cabinet?

Uh oh.

Well my son has finally figured it out. In fact last week he went to school and told all the youngest kids in school that there was no Santa and your parents are lying to you! When the teachers pulled him aside and told him "its the SPIRT of Santa" he replied "Spirits are like ghosts and there are no such things as ghosts!"

When he came home that night I came clean with him told him there was no Santa, its just your family buying your presents. He jumped up puming his fist exclaiming "I knew it!" I explained to him to let the little ones enjoy the story of Santa and not to blow it for the rest of the kids.

But now instead of the threat of Santa not bringing gifts he knows that I hold the power of the presents . It's still good leverage.

((*
    *))NHPH

Thread Information