• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Grateful Thread

Vortex

Talking to myself here. I just bought a Rat Dog Ticket for Hampton Beach on the 24th. Jim I'll see ya there. No time to deal with in know, but I'm in.

Vortex

Looks like they went on at 8 on the dot on Tues and maybe 10 min after 8 on monday. Time to get inside early tonight. Tues show looked great. Bertha Cassidy opener. Althea,
franklins to close. Alot of jams I would liked to have tonight. Ckofer Where are you dude? You going tonight or to Dylan on Sunday? Pm sent.

Vortex

Here comes sun shine,Minglewood,She belongs to me, Playing, Tennesse Jed, Shade of Grey, Picasso Moon, Deal. 1st set 1 hour 25 min. I thought I felt a bit of the otherone in the playing Jam

2nd set
Festival Jackaroe, Black throated Wind, Watchtower, Terrapin- stuff Drums some with Kenny Terapin flyer,Balck Peter, Going down the road,
Encore Broken down palace. Encore started abourt 11.35. 1.5 hour 2nd set

solid show. 1st jet was jammy, Don't hold me to the set list, but you get the idea.

Saw Maineskier69 for a short bit. Cool.
Nice to walk the ocean and enjoy some of the day.
Tough morning.

Vortex

I ordered Lowell Rat dog on Nov 10. I'm also buying New Rider tickets for the lebanon opera house for Nov 17 Friday. 30 min from K. Two great dancing and skiing weekends to get to going. Who wants to get out?

maineskier69

Thinking the plan may be to see Bobby in Lowell on Fri night, stay there, head to Manch Vegas Sat AM catch a flight to Baltimore to visit (overdue) grandparents (grandads 92 b-day). So if SR does in fact open 11-11, I may not be attending the festivities. Still sticking to my 11-18 opening day predicition.

ChileMass

Changing the subject - how about www.sugarmegs.org - ?? Unbelieveable amount of great muisic there. Any other recommendations similar? I already know about www.archive.org (bummer no more GD SBDs since last year) - any other sites for downloads of GD or jam/psychedelic music.......??

Last edited:

Vortex

To much tech for me. www.phillesh.net He has some sound boards up. MY wife not (no big surprise here.) me, did it for me. Did about 10 shows off that.

Anyone want to go to Wide spread Panic tomorrow in manchester NH. I have an extra ticket. Very cheap. Jimmy Herring is playing lead guitar. (For 5 years Phil's guitarist.) send me a pm. ckofer do you exist any more? I'll be at Fridays show in Bost if anyone wants to go of grab a pre show beverage. Working my way around this scene. Kind of a newbie here.

Vortex

Went to panic on Wed and Friday. Had a great time. I was tired on Sat so I skipped CT. Jimmy still smiles the entire time. Very small crowds. Nice to have all the space I needed. I think I'm out of the concert going gig until RatDog in November.

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
Saw Bobby at the old Westbury Music Fair. The venue is "in the round" but the show was not...they had a few sections behind the band blocked off. Sound was very good, a bit on the loud side. (and I'm always complaining places should turn it up!). Great venue. Intimate, good views everywhere. Our seats were good, maybe 8th row, to Mark Karan's side. (which wasn't great, was unable to see his or robin's finger work on their guitar/bass). Bobby sang every song, I think. Most of the time he was singing (as opposed to his screaming falsetto, which is tiring). He sounded good and looked good. I just wish he'd let Mark Karan go off a bit more; imho, he is very good and has a melodic sound as close as anyone'es to jerry's.

1st set was better than 2nd. Persuasions at the end was kind of silly, they didn't really know the words, and the guy couldn't read the prompter. Bobby also seemed to miss a verse or two. Decent show. I miss Jerry. Here's the set list.

I: Jam > Help on the Way > Slipknot! > Big River > Queen Jane Approximately > Brown-Eyed Women > Loose Lucy, She Says > Liberty* > Might as Well*
II: Blackbird@, Fever@, Masters of War@ > Jus' Like Mama Said > I Need a Miracle > The Other One > Stuff > Standing on the Moon > Two Djinn
E: Slipknot! > Franklin's Tower
*-w/ The Persuasions