• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

sundown 3/8

mondeo

good skiing guys, but one thing i noticed was that the trannies looked really short (easy to over shoot). think one of you guys can see if they will make them a little longer?
if not, someone is gonna go too big and get f*#ked up
That bottom one is short, but pretty steep. If they gave the left jump a bit more kick (like the middle jump, or the top left jump) and rolled over the knuckle to sort of blend the short steep transition with the flatter later transition, it should be good.

thorski

In the flatlands of Ct. for a little bit longer.
Bumps on gunny were nice. lower middle jump was the only good one in my opinion. I think all the kickers should be like that one.
Is it me or does it look like they are building a medium sized halfpipe in the middle of the terrain park. :spin: Seriously it looked like it to me. A snowboarder with me said sundown would be awesome if it had a halfpipe. He said he didn't care for bumps and the park had too many rails for him.

gmcunni

Bumps on gunny were nice. lower middle jump was the only good one in my opinion. I think all the kickers should be like that one.
Is it me or does it look like they are building a medium sized halfpipe in the middle of the terrain park. :spin: Seriously it looked like it to me. A snowboarder with me said sundown would be awesome if it had a halfpipe. He said he didn't care for bumps and the park had too many rails for him.

there was a reference on their FB status about "the pipe" being open.

jarrodski

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.skisundown.com

thorski... it is a hybrid of a mini pipe... hip(left) quarter pipe (right) into a steep short vert qp. we dont have a cutter yet, but i feel as though its coming out pretty good. Aaron is up there raking it out right now (10:12am)