• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Boston Ski Show 2010

gostan

Last year, I was able to spend about an hour with a knowledgeable young lady at the Aspen Snowmass booth to pick her wealth of knowledge about where the locals drank and ate and skied. Well worth the price of show admission as I used this information later in the season to have a great week of skiing, eating, drinking and fun.

Not sure I will be going this winter as I have opted for a Sugarbush season's pass and skiing in MRV this winter.

And, I never really found any great deals when Ski Market was the vendor of choice, and I am sure that the same will be more so with East Coast Alpine.

reefer

I'll most likely go Friday. As stated, the swag seems to be less and less. The highlight for me was the food Stowe was putting out last year in their booth. Spent quite a bit of time hanging around there.........

Rushski

Will shoot for Saturday moning. Agree that if you talk tosome reps they will usually give you some good intel and maybe some discount coupons, etc..

Ski Diva

Website
www.skidiva.com
I'm going to head over Sunday morning. I have to be in Boston anyway for a mystery convention (New England Crime Bake; my next book comes out January 4). I've been been to the ski show before, so it'll all be new to me.

Charlie Schuessler

Went to the show Thursday evening, good deals...GREAT DEAL for BURKE MOUNTAIN 3-Day(s) Pass for $99 which you can use anyway you’d like... and the Mohican Devil himself Glen Plake was there signing autographs and being a real gentleman...

Geoff

The Boston Ski Show was useful to me exactly once. I got to meet the woman who does sales at Termas de Chillan. It gave me a contact where I could book lodging and get the discount normally given to a travel agent.

I've found I can usually do way better than the show special "lodging plus ticket" deals resorts offer.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Eeek!

If you're looking for something to do after the show, hop on the T and head over to the Atrium Mall in Chestnut Hill/Newton. Grab a quick drink and then queue up for for an interesting exhibit, "Bodies Human: Anatomy in Motion." It is "a display of over 100 authentic human specimens, including whole bodies, individual organs, and transparent body slices preserved through a special process called plastination." Apparently Abercrombie & Fitch couldn't make a go of it, so they replaced it with this exhibit! :-o