• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bike Log

SKIQUATTRO

taking today off, have to leave early to get the Ferry from Orient Pt, NY to New London,,,,,headed to the Cape thru Tues

jplynch019

Tail light

Yeah, I have the tail light flasher, just no headlight. Can't see the potholes in the dark. First 6 miles are rural so traffic isn't too bad. The incentive for going early is obvious, less traffic, but the tradeoff is not seeing the road. School starts next week and the buses will be out in full force. That should be fun.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
I looked at my bike again. I'm really getting my average bike looking time up. I bet my average bike looking time is higher than yours Andy....

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
I looked at my bike again. I'm really getting my average bike looking time up. I bet my average bike looking time is higher than yours Andy....

Don't be so sure, I purchased a new bicycle seat, so I put it on my road bike, took the one off the road bike and have been meaning to put it on my hybrid. Haven't done it yet, but been going down to the basement on a regular basis, looking at the new seat on the road bike, then looking at the old one on the hybrid and thinking of replacing it. One of these days, after enough looking, I'll get around to it. I'll post a pic of my new bike seat later.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com

Hehe, good one, me I'm a wus, here's mine as promised:

Notice the skis in the background just dieing to take over :):
P8270001.JPG

Like the fart gap on this one:
P8270004.JPG

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Well, seems like I'm riding less each week and it's starting to show in the average speed. Got out for the first time in a week, did my usual 16.4 miles @ 16.8 mph. In my defense, when I got home I found I had a crack in my rim and a spoke was starting to come through, so the rim wasn't true and rubbing against the brake. :(

Last edited:

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Well, stopped at the bike shop, since it's getting close to the end of the season, looks like the road bike will be retired until next season. It'll cost a minimum of $100 to replace rear wheel. To do it right, it'll be more like $300 for a nice pair of wheels, so that 1. they both match 2. I upgrade to nice bladed spokes. Just don't see a reason to spend that much near the end of the season. I will be searching eBay though :)

Charlie Schuessler

Too bad about the rim...I purchased a Bontrager Race Lite bladed wheel set (built including all compnents to put on the bicycle including tube, tire and quick release) in the spring for $289.00 and ride with them most of the time. I really noticed thier effect when climbing. Bontrager is a division of Trek and they've been running "specials sales" in the fall and spring around here...

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Too bad about the rim...I purchased a Bontrager Race Lite bladed wheel set (built including all compnents to put on the bicycle including tube, tire and quick release) in the spring for $289.00 and ride with them most of the time. I really noticed thier effect when climbing. Bontrager is a division of Trek and they've been running "specials sales" in the fall and spring around here...

Actually Bontrager are the ones the guy in the bike shop showed me, except for $299, they were the Bontrager Race bladed wheels, not the Lites. For the Lite is was like $250 just for the rear.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
The biking season is quickly winding down for me. I do still expect to get some rides in but they will most definetly be fewer and further apart as ski season approaches. Haven't ridden all this week and don't expect to ride again until this weekend at the earliest. Anyway just so I don't forget, just wanted to say it's been a pleasure "riding" with you guys. You truly inspired me to push a bit harder then I may have otherwise. Although this season hasn't come close to what I used to do 15 years ago, it is the best I have done in a few years. Hope to do it again next year! :beer: