• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Which 2012 Season Pass for You?

thetrailboss

Staff member
So now is the time to buy season passes for many places at the lowest prices. Where are you going to be next season? Any deals that you know about or special promos?

For those thinking of Sugarbush, you have the usual options (ME, ME +, All Mountain 7) and they are doing the referral program where for every new passholder you bring to the mountain you get credit (in the form of cash).

Burke does a payment plan through the summer.

Pico I think is running their killer deal.

As for where I be, well, stand by for a big surprise. ;)

deadheadskier

Staff member
Gunstock for me - $379 if purchased before May 2nd.

but as has been the case for the past few years, I'll be loading up on vouchers and skiing all over

mediamogul

So now is the time to buy season passes for many places at the lowest prices. Where are you going to be next season? Any deals that you know about or special promos?

For those thinking of Sugarbush, you have the usual options (ME, ME +, All Mountain 7) and they are doing the referral program where for every new passholder you bring to the mountain you get credit (in the form of cash).

Burke does a payment plan through the summer.

Pico I think is running their killer deal.

As for where I be, well, stand by for a big surprise. ;)

How come the Bush doesn't do a blackout pass?

Puck it

Good deal. If you lived in NH you could get that pass for a great deal. But IIRC the pass price for out of staters is not too bad.

It is about $150 more for out state. But it has no blackout which is good. It is getting close to everyone else though at $729.

2knees

Sundown with mondeo, andyzee, campgottapeebad and tjf. Its gonna be a party, a party.

snowmonster

I was actually thinking of going pass-less next season. Got going on a good bc tear in Feb and March and figured I'd save the money and splurge on a Stowe or Jay vacation or ski out west. That plan lasted for two weeks.

What's going to happen is that I'll re-up for a silver New England Pass. Hard to beat an October to May season pass which has the convenience of Loon, the snowmaking and quick bad weather recovery at the River (with great glades to boot) and the pure awesomeness of the Loaf. Plus, management at the River has treated me well these past few years. Does your mountain take its patrons to baseball games during the summer? Mine does.=)

Take care of your customers and your customers will take care of you.

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
Good topic. I have been giving this a lot of thought the past few weeks. Being down near NYC, having 2 small girls and wanting to keep the home mt. to within a day trip distance for the girls (~2 hours) and I don't want to break the bank and I hate crowds...both on hill and liftlines...I am seriously considering getting passes for the 4 of us at plattekill.

I am so tired of catamount...where I've been the last few yrs with my kids. It is close for me...100 miles 100 mins. Plattekill is a full 2 hours. Can't compare the terrain...my only hesitation is that I hope platty can blow enough early season or to recover after an ncp event in a lean snow year.

mediamogul

I have been contemplating this for a while. I have been a long time K skier and certainly feel as though it has been my home mountain. I love the terrain and don't like the management (like most K skiers). However, I have been looking at other options lately as the prospects for K look well... bleak. The problem is that the only other places in VT I would consider are Sugarbush and Jay. Jay is just too far (4 hrs). Sugarbush is 3 hrs, which is a hike but I would consider it if I could spend $700 or so on a pass instead of the full $1,050. Especially with the increasing costs of gas and 45mins extra travel time.

So most likely I will be doing the K blackout again. I may also throw in a Sundown midweek pass and do bumps once a night during the week.

C2H5OH

Full season Gore/Whiteface here.
This season I had one purchased at Whiteface and skied Gore 95% time, got next season's pass already at Gore, I think i'll ski Whiteface more next year :p

Last edited:

snoseek

Pow Mow-maybe midweek and maybe a snowbird pass assuming I can get a decent part time night gig in one of the hotel restaurants

roark

Probably just the Magic pass next season, plus a couple skiVT 3pks and follow the snow and deals. Assuming I pass this damn exam I'll have a lot more time to ski next year :daffy:

roark

Pow Mow-maybe midweek and maybe a snowbird pass assuming I can get a decent part time night gig in one of the hotel restaurants

so coming back to New England was just temporary huh? If I had the chance I'd prob head to Utah as well, just not sure I could handle the not skiing part of living in Utah :)

snoseek

so coming back to New England was just temporary huh? If I had the chance I'd prob head to Utah as well, just not sure I could handle the not skiing part of living in Utah :)

It was just a one winter kind of thing from the beginning. I may come back here in the summers. I have lived in SLC area before, I get along with Mormons ok for the most part. All religions are kooky as hell to me:p.

I plan on taking it as it comes, six month commitments only for now.

WWF-VT

All Mountain 7 at Sugarbush. Both of my kids are now over 12 so I won't be getting the free kid pass with the purchase of an adult pass. It's still a great vaule for the youth pass at $319 when most other mountains charge $600+ once your kid is older than 6.