• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Snow: Inside Track

njdiver85

And what time is last call?
we waited ten minutes right against the bar, the two bartenders served two other people and completely ignored us, then they said the bar was closed before we even got one beer.
we got there at 3:10.

Last call is at about 3:00 usually.

njdiver85

Still not sure why only 1 waitress on a Saturday.

Probably due to end of season and reduced staff as a result. Mountain was very quiet on Saturday. They usually have more waitstaff. That being said, even when they have the full contingent of staff, a busy weekend can overwhelm them leading to long wait times, slow to get your check, slow turnover of tables, etc. This has been a pet peeve of mine for this whole season and something I hope they improve in the future.

drjeff

Probably due to end of season and reduced staff as a result. Mountain was very quiet on Saturday. They usually have more waitstaff. That being said, even when they have the full contingent of staff, a busy weekend can overwhelm them leading to long wait times, slow to get your check, slow turnover of tables, etc. This has been a pet peeve of mine for this whole season and something I hope they improve in the future.

Honestly, I'm guessing that they'd much rather folks have a few rounds at the base, than at the summit.

I know that folks that drink at the base can certainly head back out on the hill if the lifts are still spinning, however, most folks, after they have their 2nd (or more) round(s) are done. And having them not having to descend from the top after a few, isn't a bad thing IMHO.

And as crazy as this may sound, I can honestly say that during ski season, I have actually never had a beer up at the Bullwheel! The Station Taproom, and even Cuzzins, and now Canned, well that's an entirely different story! Once I pick up a beer, my ski boots have been taken off and stowed away for the day. Just my personal 2 cents.....

sull1102

So we're at the midway point of April with some skiing still to be had, but I'm wondering if there's any talk about Sunbrook being replaced...

prsboogie

So we're at the midway point of April with some skiing still to be had, but I'm wondering if there's any talk about Sunbrook being replaced...
My guess is no. I would love to see a detach but I don't know if they can justify to expenditure.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

drjeff

Going to have to hear them FIRST (or possibly concurrently) expanding snowmaking in Sunbrook to 100% before the new lift talk happens.... HSQ? HS6? Bubble4? Bubble6? Who knows.....

prsboogie

Going to have to hear them FIRST (or possibly concurrently) expanding snowmaking in Sunbrook to 100% before the new lift talk happens.... HSQ? HS6? Bubble4? Bubble6? Who knows.....
Full snowmaking and a HSQ would be a great combo!!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

sull1102

So that's what is always said, and they seem pretty darn close. I looked around a lot this winter and it seemed like the Dippers was the only thing left for them to cover.

Sent from my LG-H820 using AlpineZone mobile app

Smellytele

Honestly, I'm guessing that they'd much rather folks have a few rounds at the base, than at the summit.

I know that folks that drink at the base can certainly head back out on the hill if the lifts are still spinning, however, most folks, after they have their 2nd (or more) round(s) are done. And having them not having to descend from the top after a few, isn't a bad thing IMHO.

And as crazy as this may sound, I can honestly say that during ski season, I have actually never had a beer up at the Bullwheel! The Station Taproom, and even Cuzzins, and now Canned, well that's an entirely different story! Once I pick up a beer, my ski boots have been taken off and stowed away for the day. Just my personal 2 cents.....

If they have the bullwheel, man the bullwheel or don't have it. I understand last call at 3.

FBGM

Thats wack. I like to get all tuned up at summit with shots and then use tourists as gates on the way down.

sull1102

Thats wack. I like to get all tuned up at summit with shots and then use tourists as gates on the way down.
Finally! You contributed to the forum, congrats. That was pretty funny.

Don't understand the anger aboutstatting the process of closing the Bullwheel at 3. Its April, crowds are lower and staff is limited. The employees have to do quite a bit to close up and then get down the mountain, go to the cash room, etc etc. It's a process and oh btw it's not like every bar on the mountain was closed if you're that desperate to get a beer an hour and change before you hop in the car.

mtsnow123

FBGM is a troll, I have blocked from seeing any of their posts. Also having FBGM as a Alpine Zone log in is not entirely appropriate. Maybe if this was Barstool Sports it would be okay. I have yet to see anything coming from them as constructive to this forum.

sull1102

Anywayyyysssssss, riding the Bluebird right now and it looks and feels like February right now. Calling for a few inches tomorrow into Friday to touch things up for closing weekend. Really should open next weekend, just sayinggggggg

GregoryIsaacs

Makes me think... whats the latest Mt. Snow has stayed open? This might be the year to break that record to put the icing on the cake of an unbelievable season