• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2/13/22 - Ski Cooper, CO | Testing out the new GoPro Hero 10

BushMogulMaster

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Resort or Ski Area
Ski Cooper
Date
Feb 13, 2022
Snow Conditions
  1. Packed Powder
I'm not usually a GoPro guy. I was actually kind of embarrassed roaming around with it on my pole :ROFLMAO: But Marketing picked up the latest model (Hero 10), and it really is remarkable. I couldn't help but have a bit of fun with it. Image stabilization is phenomenal, and the overall video quality exceeded expectations. Oh, and the skiing was good too, despite CO's recent dry weather. Packed powder conditions on the bumps and groomers. The more south-facing chutes in Tennessee Creek Basin had some sun crust, but all edgeable, and still loose snow in the shade. Holding up well, but looking forward to the storm coming in Wednesday to freshen things up.

The embedded vid here is only 720p due to Facebook's quality limitations. I uploaded to YT as well (see below the FB embed), but their processing introduced a lot of blocky artifacts, even at 1080p 60fps. Rest assured the raw video is astoundingly clear!

danimals

Great video!

One way I’ve noticed to get rid of YouTube artifacts is to shoot 4k60fps. YouTube will then have a higher bit rate video. Even if your display isn’t 4k that you are watching it on, you will still have a higher quality video.