• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2008 Skis

wa-loaf

Pretty cool, but there's something a little odd about the site. Names are a little different for some skis, there are a few brands I don't recognize, and K2 is missing. Are these european reviews or something?

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
There is more to the ski industry than the major players. There are many American made smaller players that most skiers would not recognize. I suspect most ski companies do not have their full line up with pictures available yet. Most of the major players including Dynaster and Head are missing as well as no Backcountry majors such as Black Diamond or G3. I am actually impressed to see so much information available already from an online source. Really excited about that 180 offering on the Salomon Sandstorm. Just gotta wonder if the pre-season sales will bait me without doing a demo :eek:

wa-loaf

The descriptions for those Aluflex skis are a riot:
Company's description : Aluflex 2 mètres

completely manufactured in the workshop, general-purpose ski orientation piste, asking, to be used in its program, a minimum of speed / this ski is developed to the skiers in search of a stable monstrous product and sticker / attention, the spirit with which you use this ski can turn around against you

:-o

ctenidae

Based entirely on looks, I want these:

14702.jpg

ajl50

All I know is that K2 is not making the chiefs anymore and replacing them with a lighter ski of similar dimensions more designed for free-heeling or hiking called the Coomba. Plenty of places to read about the change.
Oh and the Coomba is sick BUT buy it to ski at Huntah (begin DMC Riff again) or KMart on president's day and you are the ultimate gaper.