• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

24-25 TG Killington or Sunday River?

FuSion.

Definitely won't be short of a natural snow event. Are you buying day tickets? I ask because you list some Epic places and some iKon
I have ikon pass and not sure if going double-pass this year. wanna go to denver and also slc for 7-10 days trips each.

FuSion.

I typically have stayed away from K until mid December for the reasons already outlined. The one exception is if I really want to ski some bumps. Killington typically can have some bumps to be found early season while the rest of the early season players rarely do unless it snows.
I agree. If I had the whole winter here I would not be so hurry to get on the snow. Also we are a group of foreigners so TG is a good time for us to have a break outside NYC. I wish I were still living in Boston that way everywhere in New England is at reasonable drive range.

machski

I think it is a lock with the addition of the new bathrooms to start at Jordon moving forward.
This and BH is on record as saying he wasn't crazy about the upper Locker operation to start. The mountain did get a ton of complaints on the experience with the massive lines at the base and midstation to both up and down load when just running off the top. I do hope of they have a shot at October turns they will go for T2 early as a preview. Won't be a waste either if they plan to run race clinics on Locke and public out west in early/mid November again, can just pivot public to Jordan when it's ready. They have the ability to go hard at both simultaneously now.

kbroderick

This and BH is on record as saying he wasn't crazy about the upper Locker operation to start. The mountain did get a ton of complaints on the experience with the massive lines at the base and midstation to both up and down load when just running off the top. I do hope of they have a shot at October turns they will go for T2 early as a preview. Won't be a waste either if they plan to run race clinics on Locke and public out west in early/mid November again, can just pivot public to Jordan when it's ready. They have the ability to go hard at both simultaneously now.
With the current capacity to create snow in Jordan, what's the snowmaking time advantage in opening Locke?

I thought that the elevation advantage in Jordan pretty much leveled the relative timing, but there is a lot of acreage out there.

machski

With the current capacity to create snow in Jordan, what's the snowmaking time advantage in opening Locke?

I thought that the elevation advantage in Jordan pretty much leveled the relative timing, but there is a lot of acreage out there.
Yeah, its the acreage out in Jordan that can be the issue. Also, none of the Jordan trails have gun/hydrant spacing as dense as T2 does on Locke. Remember, that trail was beefed way up for a single night of snowmaking to have enough coverage to open even back in the LBO days when they would compete with K to be first to spin and ski. Jordan needs a lot, and to be skiable from the lot, they have to fill in Boots on/off. I should go see if they ever did grading work on those runs, last time we hiked up there this summer, they never did any grading work on those. They are just stumped and boulders and ditch, no finsh grade done. Makes for needing a a ton of snow on the access runs for early skiing. Makes no sense to me why they wouldn't do earthwork to make snow depth needed there a lot less.