• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Woo Hoo..I'm 1/4 of the way to my goal of 10,000 posts on here...I just hit 16k over at www.paskiandride.com quite an accomplishment..:spread:

How should I celebrate??? When I hit 1 million vertical feet in a few days..I'm celebrating with Kentucky Fried Chicken and a bottle of Champagne. This might be worthy of a 40 ouncer of Old English and a porterhouse steak...:beer::beer:

yeah boy-eeeeee

BushMogulMaster

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
GSS said:
Mogul enthusiasts over at AlpineZone prefer seeded bump runs to Natural bump runs because the lines are more consistant.

Wait a sec. Did you actually say that? :roll:

I think the consensus here is the opposite. We love seeded runs for drilling technique, but the challenge of natural lines is often more enjoyable.

As for your accomplishment... yay, do you want a cookie? :wink:

wintersyndrome

how much time you've spent typing away with all of your insightful posts?

and please, its not nice to post your GF as your avatar, it makes the rest of us jealous.

whoo hoo 371

bvibert

Staff member
I think the consensus here is the opposite. We love seeded runs for drilling technique, but the challenge of natural lines is often more enjoyable.

Since you said it I'll agree. I was thinking the same thing, but I really didn't want to contribute to this thread...

Damn...

Me personally I prefer natural bump runs...alot of AZers seem to have a wet dream when talking about seeded bump runs and the need for more seeded bump runs.

Greg

Staff member
Me personally I prefer natural bump runs...alot of AZers seem to have a wet dream when talking about seeded bump runs and the need for more seeded bump runs.

:roll: You just don't get it.

I'm a HUGE advocate for seeded bump runs, especially on lower angle pitches. The reason being is it results in better bumps than would otherwise form if you just let intermediate skier traffic form the lines. This is especially true in the more southern ski areas that don't get natural snow. More areas for practicing mogul skiing results in more folks learning to ski bumps well which translates into a demand for more bumps everywhere which in my opinion is a good thing. I guess I shouldn't expect you to understand....

Finally, anyone that's ever skied Sundown's seeded runs knows they are far from perfect lines. They actually ski more like natural bump runs with the lines wavering around and whatnot. This is precisely why I enjoy it there so much.

Let's meet up on Annapurna at Hunter later this year, GSS, assuming they open it. You can give me a lesson on how to ski naturally formed bumps. With the way you open your trap, you must rip... :???:

I'm a HUGE advocate for seeded bump runs, especially on lower angle pitches. The reason being is it results in better bumps than would otherwise form if you just let intermediate skier traffic form the lines. This is especially true in the more southern ski areas that don't get natural snow. More areas for practicing mogul skiing results in more folks learning to ski bumps well which translates into a demand for more bumps everywhere which in my opinion is a good thing. I guess I shouldn't expect you to understand....

Finally, anyone that's ever skied Sundown's seeded runs knows they are far from perfect lines. They actually ski more like natural bump runs with the lines wavering around and whatnot. This is precisely why I enjoy it there so much.

Let's meet up on Annapurna at Hunter later this year, GSS, assuming they open it. You can give me a lesson on how to ski naturally formed bumps. With the way you open your trap, you must rip... :???:

Barneys Bumps at Blue is a seeded bump run..and it's fun because you can just straightline a zipper line as opposed to looking for more lines as lines run out..I see what you mean because if Barneys bumps weren't seeded..people wouldn't turn enough to make a good bump run..Chin Clip at Stowe is one of my favorite bump runs..

deadheadskier

Staff member

I feel the same way

Last season, Sunday River was my primary mountain. Outside of Agony, Shockwave and sometimes Downdraft and Quantum Leep,all of the natural bump trails were pretty bad. I blame that on intermediate skiers going after their Diamond and Double Diamond pins. SR could definitely benefit from seeding. Vortex would be a killer bump run if it was seeded. The top is usually not bad, but the bottom is scraped off garbage most of the time. At least that was the case last season. Same could be said for White Heat. The one bump run they did seed, Tempest was pretty good, but they occasionally roped it off to save it for competitions when it was the only good bump run on the mountain. Very frustrating

Stowe is another area that could benefit from seeding a run or two. National and Liftline would benefit greatly from seeding. The bumps on these runs usually suck, again due to intermediate traffic.

This year, Wildcat has been and will be my primary ski area. There seems to be zero need for seeded bumps there. All of the natural bumps I've skied have been excellent. I attribute that to the level of skier that frequents the mountain.

GSS, this has to be one of your weakest thread bumps yet. If there was an "AZ penalty" box, I think you'd be in it with a loss of 10 posts for this one!

totally...I need to find better threads to bump..lol..

hahahaha Greg and his seeded bumps..lol