• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

7 Best Small Ski Resorts in the U.S.

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
MC qualifies as small, but not best. I'm sure the dedicated peak for park got them on this list.

Attitash and Jay Peak are small compared to the Western resorts. Attitash, from what I understand, has a pretty good park as well, so maybe that got them on here. Jay Peak is a head scratcher. Maybe it's the waterpark and overall resort aspect.

jimmywilson69

Wolf Creek, Colorado - 1600 acres
Solitude, Utah - 1200 acres
Moonlight Basin, Montana - 1900 acres
Jay Peak, Vermont - 385 acres
Attitash, New Hampshire - 310 acres
Mount Bachelor, Oregon - 3683 Acres
Mountain Creek, New Jersey - 167 Acres

not that I needed any further proof that this list is ridiculous, but there it is in black & white. What stupid ass list...

gregnye

Jay Peak is considered Small???

Well then Waschusett really is a speedbump then...

skisheep

Solitude is not exactly small. The creek isn't tiny, but how on earth does that make a best list? Bachelor, Attiash, and Jay are not small, the first and the last could deserve a spot on a list, but nothing of excitement stands out to me about Attiash whatsoever. Don't know much about Wolf creek or Moonlight Basin, but 2 for 7 even meeting the criteria to be on the list is pretty pathetic.
-skisheep

abc

It great for beginners from NYC.
No, not really.

It's way too crowded and not at all beginner friendly. There're smaller mountains than MC and more lay back for beginners.

Actually, I think MC is only good for those who don't know they have a choice of other mountains!!! (unless you're the few who actually live truly "nearby"). I've done my share of going to MC and suffered through the crowd and the chaos because I took their marketing bait. It was bad enough it almost turned me into a non-skier!