• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AlpineZone Summit 4.0 - February 8th - 10th, 2013 at Sugarloaf Mountain

Kristen

I thought I posted already but I can't find it. In any case, I'm in.

thoran1981

This is last minute, but I've very recently (i.e. yesterday) had two guys bail on us for the summit. If anybody out there is seeing the forecast for the first time today, deciding they do in fact want to go play in the deep fresh powder, and need a place to stay - we have three spots in a 12 person condo open. Price per person is variable depending on how many people stay, but it will be $1550 divided by the number of folks splitting the cost. We already have 9 in the condo, so the per person cost for anybody new would be a max of 155 (1550 / 10). That cost would cover the standard two nights lodging and a Saturday lift ticket. The condo is filled with 8 guys in our early 30's and one women (my wife) who is not skiing but will be in town all weekend. The vibe will likely be a 'guys weekend' type of setting - drinking some beers and eating some meat in the evenings, ripping down the slopes during the day.

I'm only a very casual lurker on here and I have to work all day today and tomorrow, so if you're interested then your best bet is probably to either e-mail me timothy.horan@gmail.com or call my cell 603-496-7024. Hope everybody is looking forward to this weekend - I can't wait to hit the road tomorrow!!

Tim

catsup948

The snow ratios from this storm are unreal. 20 to 1! I'll go 12 plus at the base and 18 above 3000'. Going to be fluffy and blowing around everywhere. I think NOAA is going a bit low.

loafasaur

You guys are pre-positioned to grab the goods. The ropes will be dropping in Brackett, done deal.

Wind? Bah. That's what #3 T is for. Couple tips: 1. When riding single, tell the liftie you want it in front, then twist and stick it betweenst yer legs and ride like a poma. Much easier. Not recommended on one plank though. 2. The "original" crosscut towards points east/Brackett from the Tbar is a very short climb through the new wind fence and then a traverse. Look for some tracks. It saves having to de-ski and schlep up to the crosscut at the top of the chair, although that's more likely to have seen a groomer. The "original" is an ol' time goat path. The crosscut from the chair loses elevation and they join at the near side of White Nitro. Then it's on to the top of King Pine and Brackett.

Get after it!

snowmonster

Ugh. Debbie downer.

Sorry to bring that up. Which is why I said, be prepared. If you have skins, you may want to bring them just in case and familiarize yourself with the Loaf's skinning policy:

http://www.sugarloaf.com/TheMountain/UphillPolicy.html

If it's any consolation, I'm worried about this too and I may be driving up in the teeth of the storm just to have the pleasure of maybe skinning the hill. See y'all!