• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AlpineZone Summit 4.0 - February 8th - 10th, 2013 at Sugarloaf Mountain

MidnightJester

Sorry, can't make it... Plans went sideways for the summit.. Wish you guys well and lots of snow...

snowstar1313

if the mountain's on wind hold saddleback is sometimes an option though a windy one.. it's close and a beautiful drive.

Terry

Sorry had to bail. Got 7 inches here already that skied awesome all day. The wind worried me and the Peak never has wind holds. Will hit Shawnee Peak for some epic snow this weekend and stay close to home as well. Hope to meet up with you guys some other time!

snowstar1313

hey so i am coming at this a little late in the game i have posted my five posts and need to register but am a little lost i have friends up there that are already on the list..how do i get in on this?

Conrad

Website
www.youtube.com
So I'll be lurking around Sugarloaf on Sunday, but I will be with some friends and family so I probably won't be able say hello to fellow AZr's. If it was just me, I would come up tomorrow and hope for a t-bar/SuperQuad powder day and seek everyone out to say hello, but that is not the case.

octopus

Is there some sort of meet and greet tonight? I'm here and didn't receive anything special from the front desk. Is all the info in the first post?

conwayeast

Anybody who missed this trip definitely blew it, and first tracks Sunday was absolutely incredible.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
^Nice meeting you this weekend! It was a great time!

Some pics, all from Sunday because Saturday was too damn cold / windy to break out the camera, although I do have gopro footage.

IMG_0865.JPG

Ski Stef and vdk03

IMG_0868.JPG

Welcome party. It was PACKED!

IMG_0869.JPG

bvibert quote: "Shots are my favorite"

IMG_0874.JPG

vdk03's brother. He was out of commission Sunday morning. Partied hard!

IMG_0875.JPG

Heading up for first tracks

IMG_08761.JPG

View from the Superquad unloading station

IMG_08772.JPG

View up to the snowfields

IMG_08781.JPG

Sunday was a crystal clear morning

IMG_08791.JPG

Just awesome conditions, soft snow

IMG_08851.JPG

bvibert in brackett basin

IMG_08872.JPG

The cruise out of brackett

IMG_0889.JPG

Skyline

IMG_0892.JPG

allskiing under Skyline

IMG_0893.JPG

bvibert coming down Spillway

IMG_08981.JPG

Gondola line, maybe?

IMG_09021.JPG

small stump hop in Brackett

IMG_08881.JPG

Freshies in Brackett with the Loaf in the background

More pics are also up on the AlpineZone Instagram page that I took from my phone

http://instagram.com/alpinezn

frapcap

Thank you guys again for putting this event on! We had an excellent time as usual!

conwayeast

Nice meeting you to Nick. What are the chances we can do that again for Reggae Fest?