• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AlpineZone Summit 4.0 - February 8th - 10th, 2013 at Sugarloaf Mountain

KD7000

I am considering this trip, although there are some caveats:
a. I don't really know any of you
b. I have never been to the 'loaf
c. I snowboard more than I ski

Convince me, are these pros or cons?

ScottySkis

I'm sure you will meet great people if you go, and skiing or snowboarding how you get down doesn't matter, just that you enjoy riding snow.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com

a. I only met most everyone last year for the first time. It's a friendly group. Could always get together ahead of the summit to meet some folks first :) Pro tip: get some of your friends who ski to join AZ and come with you :)

b. Then you are missing out. It's a fantastic mountain, and this year with the summit being a little earlier in the year, the opportunity for good snow conditions is improved over our usual late season romp (although last year was kind of an anomoly weather-wise)

c. Totally cool. There are a couple snowboarders, a couple tele folks. As long as you like the snow :)

We don't ski as a group during the day, unless you want to, entirely up to you. Last year we had I think just under 50 people in attendance and I only skied with probably 20 - 30 of them over the course of the weekend.

Hope you attend!

darent

a.and you won't unless you come. nobody I know in this group bites, so come on up!!
b. what a loss, great mountain, friendly staff, and some down home folks who ski there
c.some of my best friends snowboard and we go down the mountain together and have a great time, also people in this group do snowboard so you can hookup and ravage the mountain together along with some dirtbag skiers

asrk

pumped. hope there's some nice, fresh snow come February!

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
PS, invite your friends to go as well, you just gotta get them to join AZ and become a part of our little community here :)

BackLoafRiver

What Nick and Scotty have said. You won't get to know any of us by posting to a board. It's a friendly group and there are some great skiers/ boarders on here. You will love Sugarloaf, it has something for everyone. And, if it turns out that we get shafted on snow, there is always the Bag / Widowmaker. The Bag burger alone is worth the drive.

mriceyman

anybody coming from jersey? id rather not travel alone but im not missing it this year.

aeglazier

Hi AZ! I just joined and am very interested in this weekend. Do we need to register by a certain day, or is it just until it fills up? I'm waiting to try to convince some friends to come up also.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Hi AZ! I just joined and am very interested in this weekend. Do we need to register by a certain day, or is it just until it fills up? I'm waiting to try to convince some friends to come up also.

Hi Aeglazier! Welcome to the forum. I think you have time to book, but we recommend getting in early to lock in. hope you can join us!

Where are you coming from?

aeglazier

Hi Aeglazier! Welcome to the forum. I think you have time to book, but we recommend getting in early to lock in. hope you can join us!

Where are you coming from?

I'm coming from the Boston area and have 5 or so friends interested as well. Do we all need to join AZ and post 5 times before getting onto the registration page? I'm a little confused about how to book. I'm really pumped about it!

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I'm coming from the Boston area and have 5 or so friends interested as well. Do we all need to join AZ and post 5 times before getting onto the registration page? I'm a little confused about how to book. I'm really pumped about it!

Correct ... And hopefully you guys stay and become a part of our community!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

ScottySkis

Correct ... And hopefully you guys stay and become a part of our community!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2
Okay but if I buy the hotel room and my skiing friend also comes to help split the cost of the hotel do they have to be a member?