• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AlpineZone Summit 4.0 - February 8th - 10th, 2013 at Sugarloaf Mountain

mlkrgr

Sugarloaf is out but I would consider Jay b/c buses go there. It's not every weekend though. As I'm alone or with one other person many times, it is just a much more economical way for me to go. 435 miles is 20 gallons of gasoline. Add $10 or so more to that and I get the first lift ticket as well as transit covered. Sure, I may need to be in Woburn at 5 am to catch it though. But according to Google maps, the drive to Sugarloaf is still 1/2 hour longer. Still, it could be a nice day if Nacski can get one of their 5 am buses up there; I'd bet they could sell out the bus if they run a day trip to Sugarloaf.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Don't forget guys - you need to post in this thread --> http://forums.alpinezone.com/showth...t-4-0-Registration-Thread&p=732522#post732522 to qualify for the giveaways, the first-tracks passes, and other freebies :)

So

1) Make sure you have 5 posts minimum
2) Call Sugarloaf at the number in the original post to reserve and
3) Post in that thread listed here to ensure your name is "on the list" for the giveaways and stuff.

Bom

In my third post I would like to inform you all that I have bought a new snowboard last week.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
ha. PS keep in mind it can take up to 30 min after your 5th post for that thread to be click-able as it checks and promotes users every 30 min.

PS: Feel free to, you know, explore other areas of the community as well.

What kind of snowboard did you buy? We'd love to hear about your experiences with it the Gear forum.

nvuono

I can't remember the last time I saw someone use "henceforth" in a forum post. :lol:

I don't think I've ever seen it used properly in a forum post or comment anywhere, this latest example included.

"[From now on] I would like to test it at [specific place]"

That seems to indicate they are committing to some sort of continuing testing program at Sugarloaf.

I also just purchased a new board and I hope to make it up to Sugarloaf to test it out--henceforth, that would be the perfect time to thank me for my grammatical nitpicking!

Kmoc3

This will be my first time skiing Sugarloaf - looking forward to it :spread:

Bom

I don't think I've ever seen it used properly in a forum post or comment anywhere, this latest example included.

"[From now on] I would like to test it at [specific place]"

That seems to indicate they are committing to some sort of continuing testing program at Sugarloaf.

I also just purchased a new board and I hope to make it up to Sugarloaf to test it out--henceforth, that would be the perfect time to thank me for my grammatical nitpicking!

Thus, I should've used "hence".