• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Alta: 3/9-3/12 #3

ajl50

Day 2:
After a dinner at the GMD that was way more than we expected we feel sound asleep with dreams of more snow and sun. Waking up early and eating way too much pork product at the large breakfast buffet left us ready to ski.
The sun was out and the snow had remained awesome due to the cold overnight temps. Skied the same three lifts as Day 1 and enjoyed dropping into the glory hole (and it's sonic the hedgehog canyon exit). Also affirmed that skiing in untracked, new snow is indeed fun. (Sorry- no pics of that - I didn't want to stop to get the camera out)

Alta is pretty
IMG_0340.JPG

IMG_0341.JPG

from the top of the Supreme lift it is still pretty (actually from day three)
alta_07_082.jpg

Day Three:
Before we get to day three I just want to mention to people that the reason the bison were killed off is that they taste good. Apparently if you shoot them and grind them up into patties and grill those patties you get the best hamburger ever. Have the Bison burger at the GMD- it is good.

Day three followed the passage of a front that dropped "3-6" which meant more like eight at the top of sugarloaf and prob. more than that in other places. Due to low light conditions and my desire to ski I have limited pictures
Skiied mostly off of the Sugarloaf and Supreme lifts and found the snow to be sweet.

While I don't have many pictures of skiing today I do have one that indicates that hot chocolate does taste good at 9000 feet.

alta_07_039.jpg

Last edited:

SkiDog

CANT WAIT....I leave April 9th to move out to SLC...got the jobby job lined up....hitting up a stayamerica suite type place for the first 2 weeks...should have a rental by may 1st...sell the house here....bring the wife out...DONE DEAL.....

Alta is lookin shweet....thanks for the drool..... maybe see ya out there sometime in the future..

M

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Dude, bout time you come across with a report. Those pics, especially the second set coming out of the airport, made me homesick. Funny saying homesick, but after two great trips to Utah, that's what I feel. Sorry you didn't get the pow we got, but still looks good and sounds like you had a great time! When you going back? :lol:

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
CANT WAIT....I leave April 9th to move out to SLC...got the jobby job lined up....hitting up a stayamerica suite type place for the first 2 weeks...should have a rental by may 1st...sell the house here....bring the wife out...DONE DEAL.....

Alta is lookin shweet....thanks for the drool..... maybe see ya out there sometime in the future..

M

M, great news, congratulations, best of luck and maybe we'll finally meet up :lol: !