• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Any Electriatians, Hot tub salesman or enthusiets here?

Hawkshot99

So I have a hot tub in my yard, and have several hotties coming over this weekend. I want the tub working.

In the summer we drain it as hot water and hot weather is not the greatest. But I went and filled it up and flipped the circiut breakers like always, and nothing happened.

I opened the main fuse box for the house and tested the fuse there. It has power. So I went out to the outside box and tested the power there. Again I have power. Open up the cover for the circuit board of the tub and test the power were it comes in. There is power here as well. But the tub wont turn on.

It is a "Tiger River Spas" and the model is "Bengal". Is there usually a hidden reset button or something on the tub? We had this problem once last winter but my father fixed it.(Unfortunately he is in Alaska and I cant get a hold of him)

Any help i can get would be great.

Paul

oddfellows-baked-beans.JPG

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
So I have a hot tub in my yard, and have several hotties coming over this weekend. I want the tub working.

In the summer we drain it as hot water and hot weather is not the greatest. But I went and filled it up and flipped the circiut breakers like always, and nothing happened.

I opened the main fuse box for the house and tested the fuse there. It has power. So I went out to the outside box and tested the power there. Again I have power. Open up the cover for the circuit board of the tub and test the power were it comes in. There is power here as well. But the tub wont turn on.

It is a "Tiger River Spas" and the model is "Bengal". Is there usually a hidden reset button or something on the tub? We had this problem once last winter but my father fixed it.(Unfortunately he is in Alaska and I cant get a hold of him)

Any help i can get would be great.

check the pump there is probally a breaker there. there may also be a termal reset on the pump. also if its gfi outlet you may have to reset that.

ski9

Our hot tub seems dead when we first refill it...then I remember to bleed the air...from the web:

" There could be a few things preventing your jets from pumping water. If you just drained your hot tub, it is common to have an air lock in the plumbing and you must bleed the air out of the lines. Look for tiny bleed screws on the end of the pump. Open these bleed screws to allow air out. Always do this with the power off and be ready to close them quickly because water will spray out with the air. If you have a bleed screw on top of your filter, be sure to bleed air from there too. After bleeding, try turning the power on again and see if the jets work. You may have to bleed the lines several times before the jets fully function, but you should see an improvement each time. As long as you get the majority of air out of the lines and the jets start flowing again, the remainder of air will work its' way out."

Hope that's all it is...

Moe Ghoul

Is it making any sounds at all? Is the control panel lit up? Did you leave the breaker on all summer while it was empty? I set my thermostat at the lowest temp, 80, and shut the breaker off at nite and keep the lid propped up about 4 inches to let the water cool, keeps it pool temp all summer that way for future reference.

Hawkshot99

I will go and check what has been posted so far, but here is to answer what has been asked.

It is 230V. One breaker for the pump, and one for the heater.

I filled the tub with water then flipped the circuits on.(They were off all summer.) Nothing happens at all with the control panel. The panel does not light up. It is like the power is still turned off.

is the high limit thermostat tripped?[/QUOTE

If it was, wouldnt the jets still work? There is a button on the back of the heater that we sometimes need to push to reset the heat but pushing that does nothing.

Gonna go try to "unlock" it now.

Moe Ghoul

I will go and check what has been posted so far, but here is to answer what has been asked.

It is 230V. One breaker for the pump, and one for the heater.

I filled the tub with water then flipped the circuits on.(They were off all summer.) Nothing happens at all with the control panel. The panel does not light up. It is like the power is still turned off.

is the high limit thermostat tripped?[/QUOTE

If it was, wouldnt the jets still work? There is a button on the back of the heater that we sometimes need to push to reset the heat but pushing that does nothing.

Gonna go try to "unlock" it now.

If the panel lite isn't on, there's a problem. Could be a bad panel, I had mine replaced once under warranty.

Moe Ghoul

Quite a clusterfuck convergence for Hawkshot, No directions for the med exam, an ugly hooker proposition and a tub fulla babes with no bubbles or heat for the weekend. Cheer up, hire the hooker for the service guy to fix the tub, then you only need to make a phone call tomorrow to get directions. Problem solved. If that falls thru, well, hot babes and cold tub water isn't necessarily a bad thing. give em all a straw and tell them to blow.