• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AT&T Microcell

dmc

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So if anyone has a ski house in the mountains and requires AT&T 3g Cell phone reception where there is none - this is a great alternative!!

I recommend this..

Puck it

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So if anyone has a ski house in the mountains and requires AT&T 3g Cell phone reception where there is none - this is a great alternative!!

I recommend this..

Not denying the value of the product.

But do not pay for it until you ask for it free for customer service.

dmc

OK - I'll play..

Again... Work paid for it... it is $50 after rebate for great cell service in the mountains.
And to be honest - I'm not really sure I want cell towers dotting the tops of mountains where I live...

It's $50 well spent - and thats my opinion. If thats too much $ or an issue with someone "principals" I can't speak to that. I would like to speak to the technical problem and how it is solved and not the other issues..

I recommend this..

Puck it

I get it that your company payed for it and it is a good product. Bit it fixes their deficiency in service coverage. Why should the customer have to pay for it to fix ATT's lack of coverage. If they had good coverage why would they need this. And it is the principal of the matter.

dmc

I get it that your company payed for it and it is a good product. Bit it fixes their deficiency in service coverage. Why should the customer have to pay for it to fix ATT's lack of coverage. If they had good coverage why would they need this. And it is the principal of the matter.

I have no cell coverage in my house.. period... I can go outside and get a bar - Verizon gets 2... So AGAIN - for people that live in rural areas and need to use a cell phone for communication continuity this is a great option.

I'm not going to whine about it.
Waiting for a tower will not make my life better now.
Complaining to AT&T will not make my life better now

I take personal responsibility for this decision as I knew cell phone reception was not good on this side of town.

It's a great option.

Glenn

Irony on the ski house comment...that's where I am now...zero cell signal. However, with a basic interweb connection and a basic wifi router, the BlackBerries work great on wifi. The only things we can't do: Text, make phone calls (and access voicemail).

The microcell is a great option. Even if it does use your minutes, I can live with that. But the extra $20 a month is a deal breaker. If it was work phone, I could go from that angle. But we're paying $20 for basical cable interweb. Another $20 on top of that just doesn't make much sense due to the fact that we have a land line here. So if it hits the fan, we'll use that. (And is has...see my rabid raccoon story from last year).

I just can't figure out why they'd charge for this. It's probably only a matter of time before all phones have an app that allows calls over wifi. I know the Driod phones can use skype.

Glenn

Ahhhh, OK, I goofed. The $20 a month is to add "unlimited" talk to the microcell without using minutes.

Thant changes things. If the priced dropped a bit, I'd consider getting one for up north.