• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AZ vs NSCHAT bump challenge

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
What's douchey (and my apologies to 2knees as I know he's not the one who conceived this notion) is this ploy for increased membership. Don't believe me? That's where this concoction resides on Andy's site.

It's one thing to say, "hey, let's bury the hatchet and have a little fun!" It's another to think devise a ski-off simply to attempt to siphon traffic from another site. :rolleyes:

Andy--Sometimes you're a really cool guy... but really. This is getting old.

As you stated, not my idea, I didn't tell anyone to post it, I didn't suggest it, so please, don't point the finger at me.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
As you stated, not my idea, I didn't tell anyone to post it, I didn't suggest it, so please, don't point the finger at me.
While it wasn't your idea, it didn't take you long to post the laundry list of URLs to access your site. Seems to fit perfectly into your "increasing membership" plan.

highpeaksdrifter

What's douchey (and my apologies to 2knees as I know he's not the one who conceived this notion) is this ploy for increased membership. Don't believe me? That's where this concoction resides on Andy's site.

It's one thing to say, "hey, let's bury the hatchet and have a little fun!" It's another to think devise a ski-off simply to attempt to siphon traffic from another site. :rolleyes:

Andy--Sometimes you're a really cool guy... but really. This is getting old.

You’re way off, it was my idea. What I was hoping to introduce goes like this:

A lot of guys, Greg and Brian for example, had expressed an interest in skiing WF over the last couple of years.

Most Sundowners like bumps

I was going to suggest a FUN challenge on Lookout Below, a steep bump run

I was also going to offer my house to crash at for anyone who wanted to

There was a thread for Warp Daddy Day awhile back and I was thinking a tie in to that and Warp could be the celebrity judge.

I wanted to let this thread run for awhile to see if there was any interest

It was never an Earps v. Clantons thing. It was all to have a good time.

If you read Pats first post you can tell that he gets that, sorry you don’t.

koreshot

What's douchey (and my apologies to 2knees as I know he's not the one who conceived this notion) is this ploy for increased membership.

1) hpd / 2knees suggested it on this forum. Maybe it was an idea bounced around elsewhere, but a long standing member, with many great contributions to AZ is the one who suggested it here on this forum so leave Andy out of it.

2) I had no idea that AZ had the "rights" to its members' internet/forum time. How dare NSchat "steal" membership from AZ?! Can I renegotiate the contract to allow me to visit more than one ski related forum? Please? Pretty please?

For the record, I am not a member of nschat and haven't even visited it. But threads like this make me want to check it out :-D ... not because Andy posted a buch of URLs, but because the members of AZ are acting insecure, territorial and generally silly.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
You’re way off, it was my idea. What I was hoping to introduce goes like this:

A lot of guys, Greg and Brian for example, had expressed an interest in skiing WF over the last couple of years.

Most Sundowners like bumps

I was going to suggest a FUN challenge on Lookout Below, a steep bump run

I was also going to offer my house to crash at for anyone who wanted to

There was a thread for Warp Daddy Day awhile back and I was thinking a tie in to that and Warp could be the celebrity judge.

I wanted to let this thread run for awhile to see if there was any interest

It was never an Earps v. Clantons thing. It was all to have a good time.

If you read Pats first post you can tell that he gets that, sorry you don’t.
I did not claim that the idea itself was Andy's--read carefully and you'll see that.

I saw that you conceived this notion. However, can you deny that it was in Andy's "Thoughts for Building Up Membership" thread?
Challenge Alpine Zone to a bump competition. It would be great exposure and NSchat could put together a solid team.
That colors the intentions right there, whatever they may have been. In that discussion was at least one comment about getting Pat on NSChat's team (Andy being the first to propose it).

This team choosing is more of a splitting than uniting force. Especially when members of both forums (which, most in that conversation were) are all for dividing people up.

Doesn't seem like all-around, just having a good time kind of thing. But whatever. Maybe I'm just not attuned to the competitive nature of men.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
2) I had no idea that AZ had the "rights" to its members' internet/forum time. How dare NSchat "steal" membership from AZ?! Can I renegotiate the contract to allow me to visit more than one ski related forum? Please? Pretty please?

For the record, I am not a member of nschat and haven't even visited it. But threads like this make me want to check it out :-D
Go check it out. It's probably right up your alley.

Many forums don't look favorably upon posts intended solely to promote other forums. I may be wrong in what management feels about the same here, but that's what I've been exposed to on other websites. It's cool that Andy decided to throw together his own site and that there's an option, but it becomes beating a dead horse when the entire barrage of potential access points is posted every time there's just a little mention of the forum. Overkill.

koreshot

That colors the intentions right there, whatever they may have been. In that discussion was at least one comment about getting Pat on NSChat's team (Andy being the first to propose it).

This team choosing is more of a splitting than uniting force. Especially when members of both forums (which, most in that conversation were) are all for dividing people up.

Lets say for the sake of the argument that is true... and AZ's way of stopping this "evil member-stealing ploy" is trash talking Andy and his forum. Fantastic strategy!

It is IDIOTIC.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
I don't ski bumps, so count me out on both sides. I too have a big interest in visiting WF this season so once the tit-for-tat bickering is done, somebody let me know where the post-bump-off safety meeting is going to be held.

koreshot

How would you know what is right up my alley? Does disagreeing with you or Greg on this specific topic automatically qualify me as a perfect member of NSchat?

highpeaksdrifter

I did not claim that the idea itself was Andy's--read carefully and you'll see that.

I saw that you conceived this notion. However, can you deny that it was in Andy's "Thoughts for Building Up Membership" thread?

Doesn't seem like all-around, just having a good time kind of thing. But whatever. Maybe I'm just not attuned to the competitive nature of men.

Andy said that as a compliment to Pat. Everyone knows he’s part of the Sundown crew. Read the thread over there, it was all in good spirit. (opps, never mine, don’t want to seem to be stealing people from here).

I cannot believe I’m having this conversation with another adult. Believe me I’m sorry I had the idea, but Andy had NOTHING to do with it.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
How would you know what is right up my alley? Does disagreeing with you or Greg on this specific topic automatically qualify me as a perfect member of NSchat?
I've read your posts on this forum for years. Please. Do you really think that I would be so petty as to think that just because someone disagrees with a statement I make means I think they should look elsewhere? :roll:

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I cannot believe I’m having this conversation with another adult. Believe me I’m sorry I had the idea, but Andy had NOTHING to do with it.

I cannot believe I have to repeat this again... While Andy did not conceive the idea itself (which, again, I did not credit such to him) it was a) in a thread about how to increase membership and b) he very quickly into this thread listed off the laundry list of sites by which one could access his site. Think about it. I know you can make the connection.

Dr Skimeister

Many forums don't look favorably upon posts intended solely to promote other forums. I may be wrong in what management feels about the same here, but that's what I've been exposed to on other websites. It's cool that Andy decided to throw together his own site and that there's an option, but it becomes beating a dead horse when the entire barrage of potential access points is posted every time there's just a little mention of the forum. Overkill.

So numerous mentions of Ski Divas is contrary to AZ policy?

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
severine, here's what I can tell you, everytime Greg or your loving husband use the term andyzone, I promise you and them, I will take advantage of it. Very simple and I think fair.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
So numerous mentions of Ski Divas is contrary to AZ policy?
So you're accusing me of posting to intentionally siphon off the sausage fest here to an all-women's site where they would not be allowed to join? Not the same thing, I think even you could see that. Nor have I ever, in my recollection, posted up saying "Here's how you get there! Come on over!" If I have... feel free to sue me. I'm sure it will go far in court.

I'm bored with this... have fun blasting people. I'm sure my prudishness will be the next topic du jour.
you can connect using:

noshitchat.com
noshitskichat.com
noshitzone.com
nschat.net
nsskichat.com
nsskiforum.com

And working on connecting the following sites to it as well:

killingtonaccess.com
northeastskiclub.com
northeastskier.com

However there is no such thing as andyzone and don't really appreciate your sarcastic tone. Thank you.
(There. I saved you the trouble of posting it again. Maybe you should put it in your siggy, too.)

koreshot

Anyway, lets just cool this down a bit.

I think Andy is being made into a vilain in this thread. When AZ starts correctly referring to Andy's forum (ie stop calling it andyzone and the like), then we should expect Andy to stop posting all the URLs. I think that is a fair middle ground.

I think this fear that Andy is going to steal the AZ member base needs to be examined closer, but I am not going to spend time arguing back and forth about it.

There will always be ski forums to choose from and new ones popping up. What AZ can do is do what it does best - have a friendly, vibrant member base that cares about each other and cares about skiing on the east coast. If that is somebody's cup of tea, they will join/stay...otherwise they are welcome to spend their time somewhere else. And limiting the number of "shameless plugs" from "competitors" won't make much of a difference either way.

I have/had a membership in TGR, Epic and Kzone.... but I spend almost 100% of my time on AZ, not because I have fogotten that TGR exists, but because I like the vibe in AZ better. The same principle applies to nschat...

Dr Skimeister

So you're accusing me of posting to intentionally siphon off the sausage fest here to an all-women's site where they would not be allowed to join? Not the same thing, I think even you could see that. Nor have I ever, in my recollection, posted up saying "Here's how you get there! Come on over!" If I have... feel free to sue me. I'm sure it will go far in court.

I'm bored with this... have fun blasting people. I'm sure my prudishness will be the next topic du jour.
(There. I saved you the trouble of posting it again. Maybe you should put it in your siggy, too.)

Get over yourself.

No one accused you of anything. I just posted to point out the contradiction of what you've posted.