• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

BEast 3/10/2021

slatham

Nice report and pics. Trying to get there before its over. On todays snow report they have a number of double black and blacks closed. Wondering if that is just because of the freeze up or if they have lost their base?

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Nice report and pics. Trying to get there before its over. On todays snow report they have a number of double black and blacks closed. Wondering if that is just because of the freeze up or if they have lost their base?

I was there on Friday. It's gone. Running water, slush, ice flows, and dirt! Still a couple good lines of bumps on Big Chief and Flying Cloud but they're more than likely gone now.

urungus

I was there on Friday. It's gone. Running water, slush, ice flows, and dirt! Still a couple good lines of bumps on Big Chief and Flying Cloud but they're more than likely gone now.

@slatham @ss20 I was there on Friday too and while it was slushy in the base area, I thought the coverage on the snowmaking trails was excellent. Everything except the glades, Liftline and Jug was open. Here’s a shot I took at 3 pm on Friday

78CD6317-D11B-40B9-BFDD-B0262D79F18B.jpeg

After Friday, cold temps moved in and they have been blowing snow ever since, here’s a shot they posted yesterday of the base area, looks a lot better:

760E11CC-D7FA-4059-9A46-6AF16C810EFB.jpeg

I’m planning on heading there tomorrow afternoon, will post an update then.