• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Belleayre: 2/2/2007

adamti91

Belleayre: 2/2/2007 [Pictures]

Belleayre Mountain, February 2, 2007:

Introduction: Half day of school so instead I took a trip up to Belleayre.

Weapon of Choice: Option Supercap 149

Conditions: I got up at around 8, and was one of the first 5 or 10 on the mountain. I got first tracks on a good 4 or 5 trails. Started off on Wannatuska, corduroy was a bit slick but otherwise nice. Then I hit up Onondaga, back down to Superchief lift. Took some runs on Belleayre Run (stayed great all day, best trail on the mountain since Dot Nebel was closed all day for racing), and then made my way over to Tomahawk lift to find Dot was closed for racing as I said. Took a run on Deer Run (first tracks!) and then another on Seneca, which had really nice powdery bumps. Met up with some friends and took a bunch of runs on Roaring Brook, Wannatuska, Onondaga, Belleayre Run, with almost every run involving a pit stop in the jib park before going back down to Superchief. We made our way over to Tomahawk for a few runs on Deer Run and Seneca, and then came into the lodge for lunch at 12. Went back out, more runs on Wannatuska (bit slick by now) and the other trails off Superchief. The blues around midstation off Lift 7 (the one with the jib park and the one next to Yahoo) stayed nice all day. Yahoo's bumps got really icy and slick by the time I hit them with some friends around 2, but lower Yahoo was groomed pretty nice. Last run of the day me and my friends hit up the (closed) terrain park where they had been blowing snow all day until about 1. It was an amazing mix of powder with a bit of slick on top, but not in a bad way. It was like snowboarding on butter, a great way to end the day. My first real full day of the year, we were one of the last chairs on Lift 7.

Weather: Pretty cold, hovering around 28 all morning then warming up as the day went on (they stopped blowing snow around 1). Sunny when I got up but it got cloudy with a few snow showers before I left.

Lifts: The place was pretty much empty, NO lines at all on T-Hawk or Lift 7, and 2 or 3 chair MAX on Superchief. Amazing.

Notes: Dot was closed all day for races, blowing snow on the terrain park should continue tonight. I have some pictures but can't hook it up to this computer, I'll put them up tomorrow if I remember.

Rating: 9/10

Conclusion: Full day, good conditions, no school and a lot of friends. What more could you want?

Pictures: Sorry the contrast is sort of bad...
DSC03211.JPG

^Groomed Jib Park^
DSC03222.JPG

^[Just About] First Tracks on Deer Run^
DSC03219.JPG

^Wannatuska in the Morning^
DSC03212.JPG

^Almost Empty Lift!^
DSC03221.JPG

^Blowing Snow on Area 51 [Terrain Park]^

Last edited:

adamti91

Added the pictures. Could someone (mod or whatever) make the title of the thread "Belleayre: 2/2/2007 [Pictures]"? Thanks.

ajl50

nice report.
Love that belleayre is always so empty.
Looks like they will have a decent 2nd half of the season...nice