• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Best Glade in New England

canobie#1

What's your favorite glades?

Mine are
Low Rider (Killington)
Summit Glades (Pico)
Triple Take (Ragged)
and The some of the unkown glades of Killington

skiNEwhere

Where is that? Or is it your secret stash?

Timbuktu at Jay (and other unnamed glades)

I was always a fan of last tango at Sunday River too. Seems to be just the right steepness combined with tree spacing

dlague

Timbuktu, Everglade, Casablanca, Dixieland, Vista Glade, Andre's Paradise

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

MadMadWorld

Where is that? Or is it your secret stash?

Timbuktu at Jay (and other unnamed glades)

I was always a fan of last tango at Sunday River too. Seems to be just the right steepness combined with tree spacing

It's out past Paradise further down the Long Trail. Pictures don't do this area justice. That is one of the lesser technical lines in the area.

Timbuktu has always been a favorite of mine. One of the best late season glades out there.

slatham

Wardrobe at Magic. There are actually others that are better but they are not on the trail map so I won't even name them.

Speaking of Magic, and glades, you have the chance to go make your own on Saturday. Volunteer day #2!

deadheadskier

Staff member

I've skied stuff like that in the area you're talking about. Honestly, I only find trees that tight fun when there's a significant amount of fresh snow. When it gets packed out, it just becomes annoying to try and scrub speed in such tight quarters.

BenedictGomez

I assume we're keeping this on map and not slackcountry?

So I'll go with: Beaver Pond Glades / Andre's Paradise (which is really one big glade area).

MadMadWorld

I've skied stuff like that in the area you're talking about. Honestly, I only find trees that tight fun when there's a significant amount of fresh snow. When it gets packed out, it just becomes annoying to try and scrub speed in such tight quarters.

It can yes. If you get far enough out though it can get interesting and opens up a little....mostly due to the large amounts of cliffs, ledges, and ice luges. But like you said without a decent base it can royally suck.

Edd

Very fun, even better since they expanded further down the hill. The steepness/spacing is good for my nerves, not worrying about dying every second.

Tin

I'm sure most of favorites will be mentioned, but for intimidation purposes and steepness some of the Snowfield stuff off the top of Sugarloaf is an adrenaline rush just by seeing it because of the lack of trees, slope, and view down.

attachment.php

Attachments

• x cut.jpg
    x cut.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 492

Tin

It can yes. If you get far enough out though it can get interesting and opens up a little....mostly due to the large amounts of cliffs, ledges, and ice luges. But like you said without a decent base it can royally suck.

You're taking me out there this year. Erika wants a better ledge than whats on Paradise too lol.

BeefyBoy50

Patsy's at Killington is fun... medium angle and it wasn't tracked out last time I was there (surprising considering it was presidents weekend). However, that's where I broke my ski.
Julio is also cool because it gets steeper throughout and I was surprised at how technical the bottom was. The conditions weren't amazing but it was fairly challenging and I enjoyed that.

I love glades and want to get to more New England areas this year so I can have more places to choose from on these threads.

Savemeasammy

Although this probably doesn't belong in the best glades thread, the Rosebrook area at Bretton Woods looks entertaining. My family and I took a chairlift ride there a few weeks ago, and walked down through that area. It's a shame that they don't have a chairlift over there so that you could lap that area (I'm not sure how well the t-bar allows you to access the ENTIRE area). If the Rosebrook HSQ came down to where the glades spill out, I might go to BW time or two.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

Edd

Although this probably doesn't belong in the best glades thread, the Rosebrook area at Bretton Woods looks entertaining. My family and I took a chairlift ride there a few weeks ago, and walked down through that area. It's a shame that they don't have a chairlift over there so that you could lap that area (I'm not sure how well the t-bar allows you to access the ENTIRE area). If the Rosebrook HSQ came down to where the glades spill out, I might go to BW time or two.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

I agree. Lapping that HSQ only allows a quick hit on the glades. However, yes, Rosebrook is pretty entertaiing if you take the longer routes. I'm a fan.