• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Best/Worst Ski Trail Names

Smellytele

I don't think the original owners of Hunter where thinking about that in the 1950s when they named the trails. I don't care of the name's. I just glad to be skiing in fun steep Snow. They were in construction business originally so that probably has something to due with the names. You need to relax more maybe take some Mj with next time at hunter.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Congrats Scotty on a coherent post!

Cornhead

I just like saying it out loud, while skiing it, or just having skied it, or about to ski it, loudly, in German accent, with a touch of Nurse Diesel... KUERSTEINER!

Sent from my XT1064 using AlpineZone mobile app

Cornhead

Mr. Kuersteiner in action.
bce5d951ff607baab0619ff7b65488a9.jpg

Sweet!

Sent from my XT1064 using AlpineZone mobile app

Scruffy

Best - or at least most descriptive- Sugarbush's Rumble; you know what you're in for from the name.

Worst - or at least the laziest act of naming a trail - all the Lift lines out there.

Honorable mention: Glory Hole - Alta.

SIKSKIER

A close second would be Mittersills Track Track.Huh?Yup,what the hell is that?And then,while I'm beating up on Cannon,they name a trail at Mittersill Cannonball after it was rejected as a 2 year name change for Profile.They are obviously running out of names which one can clearly tell by seeing they now have 2 Gremlins,2Turnpikes,and 2 Red balls on the trail report.I mean,who does that also?

nhskier1969

BEST-- Chin Clip, Stowe. What better name for a long bump run
WORST-- The Jabberwocky, King Ridge, don't even know what this meant??

bousquet19

BEST-- Chin Clip, Stowe. What better name for a long bump run
WORST-- The Jabberwocky, King Ridge, don't even know what this meant??

Have you ever chortled? Or seen an out-of-control skier go galumphing down a ski run? If so, or even if not, you can thank Alice through the Looking Glass author Lewis Carroll for the nonsense poem "Jabberwocky".

shadyjay

Website
linktr.ee
Some of the best trail names:

Widowmaker
Spinebuster
Colostomizer

Can't remember which resort had these.... D'oh.....