• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Black Mountain, NH CLOSED

2planks2coasts

I kind of expected that this was the path they would take. Mogensen is on record as saying that he thinks many smaller ski areas should be converted to coop ownership. I wish them the best going forward. Will def try to use my Indy days there this season.

deadheadskier

Staff member
The email I got says, "Transfered ownership." Does that mean no financial compensation for the Fichera's?

Be curious to see what the math figures are to make the place self sustaining as a Co-op.

Definitely need to get back there this season with my kids who haven't skied there yet. Still feel the place will always be on thin ice and in danger of closing.

Newpylong

Doug is the son and probably the most ski area savvy person I can think of for his age, if not period, in all of New England. If the budget is there, no one can bury that place in snow like he can.

jaytrem

The email I got says, "Transfered ownership." Does that mean no financial compensation for the Fichera's?

Be curious to see what the math figures are to make the place self sustaining as a Co-op.

Definitely need to get back there this season with my kids who haven't skied there yet. Still feel the place will always be on thin ice and in danger of closing.
During the meeting they said something like they acquired the operations and are working on the real estate.

eatskisleep

Doug is the son and probably the most ski area savvy person I can think of for his age, if not period, in all of New England. If the budget is there, no one can bury that place in snow like he can.
I'd count on the tide turning just to see him on the board. Fingers crossed.

From Black's site:

Screenshot 2024-10-05 at 8.01.42 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-10-05 at 8.00.56 PM.png