• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bleeding mountain bike disk brakes?

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I'm trying to figure this one out, but I've got a hardtail bike (Breezer 29'er). Anyway it has hydraulic discs and I feel like recently I'm not getting the stopping power I had before. As in, I can't even lock up the rear or front wheels when I want to. It just slows down kinda mushy.

Is this typically an issue of air in the lines? I feel like it happened after my recent trip to NC, I did some mountain biking at Rocky Knob Mountain Bike Park in Boone, NC and I'm pretty sure it was all running just fine then. On the way back to FL we drove through like 3 hours of rain storms so I'm not sure if something happened then :dontknow:

20200726_155054.jpg20200726_155108.jpgprett

NYDB

I doubt you have very good brakes on that. Probably air working its way in at the lever over time. you can try and just bleed the lever first if you don't want to commit to a full bleed.

NYDB

Shimano brakes are easy to bleed. many you tube vids about it. you may need a few small parts. A shimano bleed kit is helpful