• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Can you help me out!!

Edd

I had battery issues in the cold with my iPhone 5 a few years back. I replaced the battery, no more problems. Batteries do some odd things whey they get old. I just had the batteries replaced on our iPhones since they are now over two years old (iPhone 6).

I’ve got a 6. If I may ask, where’d you do that and what was the cost?

SIKSKIER

Jeez.My phone is in a chest pocket,I dont go "digging" through my backpack.Pretty dumb exaggeration as most would not have it buried in their pack.Second,I can just talk to my phone and give commands while its in my pocket.No need to pull it out except to take pics.This isnt knew technology either.

Glenn

I’ve got a 6. If I may ask, where’d you do that and what was the cost?

I did the 5 myself. It wasn't too bad. But I'm used to wrenching on vehicles and other contraptions with engines. The phone was a different experience. Stuff is beyond small.

I used a service called iCracked on our current phones. Read an article about them in the WSJ and the review was favorable. I think it was $75 each phone? One phone was cheaper because I already had a battery for it that I bought on my own. Anyways, guy was cool. Came to the house and was chatty. Gave us a bunch of tips and settings to help with battery life and phone performance.

granite

I have my phone on me 99% of the time. But I don't take it out on the lift every run to check texts, or FB, or whatever. Part of skiing is enjoying the outdoors. I hate skiing with people who need to use their phone every run(then again I feel the same way about phone use in everyday life as well.)

Couldn't agree more. Put the damn phone away when you're skiing, turn the damn thing off. Check for work related calls only when you take a break and only if you have to. Life is too short, ski season is way too short to be connected to a device while you're on the mountain. For me, the same goes with earplugs and music-would never ski that way.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Couldn't agree more. Put the damn phone away when you're skiing, turn the damn thing off. Check for work related calls only when you take a break and only if you have to. Life is too short, ski season is way too short to be connected to a device while you're on the mountain. For me, the same goes with earplugs and music-would never ski that way.
I mostly agree, but it depends on the individual's situation. Every once in awhile I'll bag off work early for night turns. Say starting around 3. In my profession I pretty much need to be available 7AM to 7PM M-F. So, firing off a quick email or taking a call on the chair happens. Sorry if it bothers people, but I'm not ducking in the lodge to do those tasks if I don't have to

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app

cdskier

I use my phone to track my vertical and mileage...but typically I'll start the GPS app before I load the lift and then rarely take my phone out of my pocket unless I need to communicate with someone to meet for lunch or something like that. I do find it annoying when people use their phone nonstop on the chair, but if it is work related I can understand.