• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cleaning up Resort Profiles

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Hey guys,

I'm working on cleaning up resort profiles on the site, it's been a while since they have been audited.

http://www.alpinezone.com/resorts_regions/northeast/

If you notice anything either a) missing or b) wrong, please let me know so I can make the adjustments. Also, if you guys have any photos or write ups on any of the resorts that are missing that information, we'd love to have it up here.

If not, no worries :)

hammer

Are you in the process of checking links? Just for grins I checked Crotched and the links didn't work. Didn't check any others.

Also note that the vertical for Crotched should change once they have the HSQ to the true summit installed.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Yeah many of the links are busted, and I am working through them, I think many of them were last updated several years ago.

From_The_NEK What do you mean the resorts are unavailable? I just tried a few and they seem to work.

bobbutts, thanks, I know some of the images aren't working because of the redirect rules i have in place from the old to the new site. When i change them some things work and other things break :) Trying to get as much done in the next month or so as possible !!

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
From_The_NEK What do you mean the resorts are unavailable? I just tried a few and they seem to work.

It looks like the page layout is just strange. When I followed the link in your first post which brought me to a page with the heading of "Northeast Ski Resort" appears with a subheading of "Alpine Mountain". I didn't realize I could scroll down to find the full list of mtns.

But even though I can now see the list it is difficult to tell which "View Resort" button goes with what resort.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Huh, OK. The View Resort button goes with the resort on the left or you can click the resort name itself. Alpine Mountain is an actual resort in the list, that list shows all the resorts we have on file - I think around 120 of them in all the NE states.

loafasaur

For Maine:

You really ought to drop "usa" from the Loaf listing.

Big Squaw is d-e-d, dead.

Eaton, according to their website, isn't expecting to have their chairlift running this winter. They will be open for tubing and are making brave noises.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Yeah, Like I said there is some cleanup :lol:

Keep 'em coming if you notice it. Will be working through them in the next few weeks. I think there are a few NELSAP's ones on the list. Also there might be a few I am missing.

Telemechanic

Loon

LOON STATISTICS

1. Vertical Drop: 2,100 feet

1. Trail Acreage: 370 (7 Tree Skiing Acres) skiable acres

1. Trail Count: 61

1. 20%
    2. 60%
    3. 18.5%
    4. 1.5%

1. Lift Count: 12 - 3 Detachable Quads; 1 Fixed Grip Quad; 1 four-person gondola; 1 Triple; 3 Doubles; 3 Surface Lifts

1. Snowmaking: 98.5% Trail Coverage; 322 acres

millerm277

Bear Creek - Lifts are now 3 Quads, 2 Surface Lifts, 1 Triple
Belleayre - Make it 1 HSQ 1 Quad. There's a big difference between the two, IMO.

SkiFanE

Sunday River's writeup is old. No mention of Chondola, but 2 quads running from South Ridge (lol). I'm sure trail and lift counts are out of date too, there's been changes in the last 5 years.

Telemechanic

"About Loon"

The "About Loon" section should be updated to include new ownership and operators. In January 2007 Booth Creek sold Loon to the REIT (real estate investment trust) CNL Lifestyle Properties. Booth Creek signed a long term lease to operate the resort for CNL. I've left out some details. The press release can be read here:

http://www.loonmtn.com/info/winter/PressDetails.aspx?page=/collagepages/Press/boothcreek_07.aspx.xml

In September 2007 Boyne Resorts bought the lease to operate Loon from Booth Creek.

http://www.boyneresorts.com/pressreleases/Releases/2007/CoastToCoastExpansio.html

On the subject of CNL, so many resorts are now involved with the REIT I think it needs its own profile. If all the resort profiles are brought up to date CNL is going to pop up al lot.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
thanks

If you guys give me write ups or send me pics (nick@alpinezone.com) for those that are missing I'd be glad to update and credit you as well. Always appreciated, Wikipedia doesn't have the same sentiment ;)

oakapple

thanks

If you guys give me write ups or send me pics (nick@alpinezone.com) for those that are missing I'd be glad to update and credit you as well. Always appreciated, Wikipedia doesn't have the same sentiment ;)

I used to work on Wikipedia a lot, but I gave up. It is just too hard to get things done there.