• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Contour+2 Released

fbrissette

I'm wondering if Gopro will be releasing a Gopro 3 soon
I'M in the market for a high end POV cam in addition to my Contour Roam. I'm waiting for GOpro news before I settle but right now, the new Sony action cam is my number 1 choice.

fbrissette

Gopro is due for an update. I tested both the gopro and contour, and the go pro sits further away from your head and you can definitely feel the inertia when moving. Mounting on top of the head (which is really the only viable option with the gopro) is not great in tight woods. Contour is much better being low profile and the rotating lens lets you mount it sideways. You really don't feel it. But, Gopro2 has significantly image quality. Waiting for good footage of the new Contour and Sony before making decision.

On paper, the sony has a better sensor (lwo light performance should be a killer compared to the other), image stabilisation which could be huge for skiing, and 120 fps at 720 resolution. And 199$, or 270 with wifi ability (works android and iphone) makes it a killer. I'll wait for definite image quality comparison before spending.