• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Desperately seeking (snowboard) lesson

Chris---

My daughter planned to have a snowboarding sweet-16 birthday with three of her friends, at Roundtop PA, Feb-4-6. She is a novice and her friends are beginners. We bought lift tickets, rentals, etc, but now find that all lessons through the resort are booked up. Is there any other way to find an instructor who would give these kids a lesson, say Saturday morning or late Friday, on Roundtop? Or any other suggestions what I can try? I am the dad, and this birthday plan could be a bust unless I can figure something out! Please help!

ThatGuy

My daughter planned to have a snowboarding sweet-16 birthday with three of her friends, at Roundtop PA, Feb-4-6. She is a novice and her friends are beginners. We bought lift tickets, rentals, etc, but now find that all lessons through the resort are booked up. Is there any other way to find an instructor who would give these kids a lesson, say Saturday morning or late Friday, on Roundtop? Or any other suggestions what I can try? I am the dad, and this birthday plan could be a bust unless I can figure something out! Please help!
I’m an instructor in VT and its against PSIA and resort policy to take 3rd party lessons, would assume its the same for PA. Just a heads up on that front. As for finding lessons there may be slots that open up before her birthday (hopefully) or there may be other mountains around there that have openings if you aren’t set on Roundtop.