• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Dropped the ball P.R.!!!!

planb420

Go to 4:09 in...... "We WILL PROMISE blizzard conditions Nov 29th"...........or not:roll: (Posted Nov 22nd)

[video]http://www.wfsb.com/video?clipId=9560230&autostart=true[/video]

"Powder Ridge Facebook update: Update on Snow and Jib Area! Our guys gave it their best shot Unfortunately we were unable to make enough snow, The jib area will not be open tonight." (Posted Nov 29th):-o

So looks like someone was misinformed on how snowmaking:fangun: works. I cant believe someone would make a promise like that and not have a back-up plan???? Maybe reach out to an ice rink or two at the least, maybe open up at least one feature (aka rail jam setup). I think they are gonna take a big blast from folks on this one. (Myself included) You just dont promise snow to people like us that have been craving it for months and then pull the rug out the day of.....bad call IMO. Maybe be more ambiguous about it, or at the least give a "Projected" date, If I were their mountain ops guys Id take my cues from the resorts that are thriving around me.....just a thought /end rant:evil:

skiNEwhere

Well that certainly blew up on their face.

I was more in awe though by him saying that every person must wear a helmet on the slopes.