• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

FUCK SHIT FUCK. Suv truck is stuck in a LOW mode. OMG Leaving in the AM for 4 days riding. Thursday-Sunday

MidnightJester

Have no idea how to get this fixed in the quick. Looking at rentals and they want $350+ plus for 4wd for 5 days.
Anyone in the NYC area interested in amazing SNOW conditions? lol. Serious though. Hoping to borrow a 4wd smallish Jeep liberty in emergency payback if it is in 4wd running shape.

Grrrrrr Arrrggggg

MidnightJester

SO my truck Toyota 4runner is stuck in LOW mode in either 4wd or 2wd and (never supposed to be even engageable in 2wd)

Emergency borrowing a Jeep Liberty that the owner has no idea if they even ever engaged there 4wd before. SO praying it works(4wd). If VT wasn't looking at 12"+ I would attempt with a 2wd

kingslug

Apparently this is a very common problem with them.
Google it..lot of fixes...and not fixes on there.
Actuator gets gunked up if it's not used frequently.

KustyTheKlown

The battery light on my 2019 Nissan rogue sport likes to turn on randomly lately and I’ve now had it checked twice including once by Nissan. Absolutely nothing wrong. The battery is under a year old. Alternator is fine. Belts are fine. No explanation for the indicator. Super annoying.

Newpylong

My blue oval has never let me down. I'd push the stock too.

Good luck, wish I still had my old 4runner I loved it.

jaytrem

Apparently this is a very common problem with them.
Google it..lot of fixes...and not fixes on there.
Actuator gets gunked up if it's not used frequently.
Yeah, I spent a lot of time fighting with the 4wd on my 2002. Got 383k out of it, but 4wd was dead at that point. I always made sure to use it once a month. But that didn't help with the sensors.

BodeMiller1

My blue oval has never let me down. I'd push the stock too.

Good luck, wish I still had my old 4runner I loved it.
You see the Ford oval pitted and beat down and the car (truck) keeps puring. They are made with better parts and designed better.

MidnightJester

Looks like aborting to a (Friday-Sunday) with Monday possibly to Sort through issues and stress.

BodeMiller1

I get the low gear issue but why do you need four wheel drive? Are you driving to the top of the mountain? Not many people know how to drive an automatic on steep windy roads (not a knock on you).

MidnightJester

Thank you everyone for ideas and all. SUV is down and Taking a friends Jeep liberty and doing at least 3 days and Maybe a 4th.
Jaypeak Friday and then Stowe for the storm.