• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Fun session at Blue...3/11

Hey All,

I'm back from a fun late afternoon/evening session at Blue mountain. I was on the snow by 3:55PM and it was 46 degrees and mostly cloudy. I first skied Challenge which was nice mad applesauce slush with some slick spots..The falls had a little lip for getting mad steezy air and Homestretch was really slow although the right side was a little faster..I scored fresh cord on Lazy Mile but I mostly stuck with Challenge and Razors initially. I then went into the park and saw some of Rodneys friends who were all sad about the fact that March 22nd is in fact closing day Then I saw Matt-Stunt and two of his buddies who are Blue regulars and grilled up some serious steeze. I hit the first two booters and as long as you landed to the right or the left..you were golden..the middle was pretty beat. The one guy did a 540 running man which was mad steezy.

I skied the bumps twice with 2 of the guys from the park and we were all able to be agressive in the bumps since they were nice and soft. Then I skied a few solo laps on Challenge and ran into Toast. We skied the park, 2 runs on Challenge and two runs on Razors. Then we saw T.Maki, Dan, and Justo in the park and joined them. T.Maki was back from China and Justo back from Utah. Trevor fell pretty hard off the booter before the wall-ride..and as it got dark..the snow set up uber fast..good for mad steezy speed..bad because landings were overshot..I skied the bumps with all of them and there were some slick spots in the troughs but still pretty good. Switchback was sketch since a few lights were out..I skied a final run down Paradise and quit at 8:15PM...A full 4 hours and 20 minutes of skiing which is one of my longer Blue sessions of the season. In total I skied 27 runs..and Challenge the most and Sidewinder park the second most...When I left it was 36 degrees..I then went to the local bar for Taco Tuesday..and I'm beat to skeet..Only 11 more days of skiing and riding left at Blue..get out there and enjoy it..

twinplanx

You would think w/ over 3,000 posts this guy could find the correct forum for posting a trip report.

always entertaining though!

ERJ-145CA

Blue was nice fast dust on edgeable crust in the morning. I got there about 9:45 yesterday and by about 1:00 it became the "nice mad applesauce slush" GSS was talking about. It became a little slow at the bottom third of the mountain after that. I left about 2:00 to beat my wife and kid home, a good day.