• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Glen Plake survives avalanche that kills 9

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Wow, that is intense ... glad he is OK , but RIP for the other 9 and the missing ones.

I hope this year has less deaths ... last year seemed pretty rough. Jamie Pierre, Sarah Burke.....

snowmonster

This winter ski season is not starting off well. I remember reading a few articles about Remy Lecluse and, of course, we all know Plake. He signed an MRG sticker for me and it's sitting on my desk as I type this. Vibes and prayers to all those affected.

jrmagic

wow...

Do you think this will affect what Glenn Does as a skier ?

Wow is right. That interview was intense. For the very short run maybe. I was never in an avy but did make it through the WTC catastrophe so in a way I can identify with his feelings. In the long term Im pretty sure he will go on doing what he has always done.

dmc

wow...

Do you think this will affect what Glenn Does as a skier ?

never.... it's what he does...

I got mixed up in a slide at Tuckerman Ravine a while ago.. Lower Snowfields - nothing big but it scared the shti out of me.. When the slab broke I started picking up speed but the ground didn't rode sideways off the slab..
We DID do a pit test before, wore transceivers and talked to the rangers about it after. They said it was just one of those things they said they skied it earlier in the day and didn't see any issues...

It's by no means at the level that they all had but it's still kinda f'ed up... And makes you think.. But it won't stop me..