• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Guns are on at K!

WWF-VT

More information:

http://vermontbiz.com/news/october/ski-vermont-releases-opening-dates-and-pre-season-preparations

Cold temps returned Tuesday night to Killington and they should see a good snowmaking window from Wednesday, October 23 for several days. At this point in time, Killington plans to be open for skiing and riding on Friday, October 25, 2013 if conditions permit. Friday will be for Season Pass holders only and lifts will run from 9:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m. They will then open to the public on Saturday, October 26, 2013 if conditions permit.On Wednesday, October 23 Killington will communicate all the details for guests regarding terrain available, ticket pricing, services available, etc. Stay tuned to www.killington.com/conditions for all the latest information and operations outlook.

yeggous

For those who have gone to Killington on opening weekend: what kind of lift lines should I expect on Sunday? I assume "bad" but am wondering just how bad. It could influence my decision of whether or not to drive up for the day.

Puck it

For those who have gone to Killington on opening weekend: what kind of lift lines should I expect on Sunday? I assume "bad" but am wondering just how bad. It could influence my decision of whether or not to drive up for the day.

15-20 minutes probably. Time of day is important though but that will be peak.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com

Are you a passholder? Dont bother if you are not!

AdironRider

I hesitate to say don't bother, but don't expect awesomeness either. I find it odd a bunch of die hard skiers here always complain about walking up stairs.

slatham

They've become a bit more definitive on their web site:

October 23, 20134:41 p.m. 10/23/13-- We told you it was game time, and we're not just playing. Killington Resort will open for Season Pass and Express Card holders for an exclusive day of early season skiing and riding on Friday, October 25, 2013. Way to be, passholders. Come get some turns with us!

Never fear, skiers and riders - we're so excited that we just can't hide it, and the plan is to open up for the public on Saturday, October 26, 2013.

The snowmakers are still on the job, still blowing snow and blowing our minds. Check back for updates as they continue to work their magic.

In the meantime, ladies and gentlemen, the Beast is back. Get all the details here.

skifree

Not sure about anyone else but the air sure tastes better tonight

steamboat1

How many runs could you possibly want to take on one trail. As long as they're serving up burgers & beers on the lift line things will be fine.

manhattanskier

Website
www.patriotbrass.org
Did it last year, lots of natural bumps, taking different lines each time makes for a fun 4 hours. It is also the most awesome die hards all over the place so the positive vibes are off the charts. It keeps the cry babies home ;-)

Sent from my XT907 using AlpineZone mobile app