• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

HF Generator

o3jeff

I wonder who is making those generators for them or if they are just off some boat from china? Prices are pretty cheap compared to a Generac or the other ones at Home Depot or Lowes. Would hate to save a few bucks and find out you end up burning out the motor on the fridge due to power fluctuating or not enough.

SKIQUATTRO

all generators at home depot and HF are sold out....i grabbed it as there was coupon for $80.00...

mriceyman

The cheaper a generator is made the crappier they are. From experience get a well known brand.

o3jeff

I ran into a HD here in CT to grab some stuff for work and they had 6 left all lined up right by the front door. Probably be gone by tonight.

drjeff

Amazon.com still has(as of a few hours ago) a number of brands and various wattages available and will have them delivered just about anywhere by Monday

bvibert

Staff member
amps x volts = watts and the rule of thumb is for start up you'll need twice as many watts.

Twice as many, or more.

Like some others have said, I wouldn't risk trying to run your fridge on that generator.

mattm59

Website
community.webshots.com
bought a " chicago electric" powered log splitter, which lasted 20 minutes. Called them up, and salesman was an a-hole. Sent me over to the mfg. supervisor, who admitted that their stuff was now made in China, and yeah, it was crap. Bought a honda powered log splitter, and haven't looked back. Got a Hyundai (15 horse) generator and love it. Pure sine wave power, and plenty of it. Amazon.com rocks!

ScottySkis

There should be a ton of never used or lightly used generators on eBay and Craig's List in another week.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2
At my familys garage sale, lots of people were asking for generators, all we had were candles.

darent

friend bought a HF compressor for work, said price was right. lasted 2 hours and it came apart. would only buy a name brand generator that you can count on. after all, you are going to use it in a emergency.

gmcunni

There should be a ton of never used or lightly used generators on eBay and Craig's List in another week.

i hear that you can go to home depot/lowes and get returned ones at a discount too. might give it a try next week.