• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Home from the hospital : update

Warp Daddy

Oct 24, 2015; 11:34am[h=2]Re: Home from the hospital after hip surgery[/h]

761 posts
Oooohhhweeee ill be lookin for dem reports and pics , enjoy your buds , chill out forget the damn workin world , drink ,eat be merry and dont forget to untie them poor bucks b4 ya chase em
anim_crazy.gif
g

Reply | More
more.png

Oct 26, 2015; 3:06pm[h=2]Re: Home from the hospital after hip surgery[/h]

761 posts
First post surgery Dr check up : staples out , incision looks great , cleared for hospital based PT this week , can ditch home hospital bed and move back upstairs . Range of motion and endurance good , can go on cane now if i want .

Only knee swelling which is normal cellular fluid after a surgery so continue exercises and walking and will see him for xrays in a month , expect to be driving at that time since it is the RIght hip. We are all pleased with progress , basic bone structure is strong , doc said i'll be skiing for sure
anim_jump.gif

Reply | More
more.png

Oct 26, 2015; 5:29pm[h=2]Re: Home from the hospital after hip surgery[/h]

741 posts
Cheers, warp! Own those stairs! You'll be walking right out of that cane in no time - I realized I'd reached a milestone when I kept leaving the damn thing places and losing it

I go back for my 6 month visit next month

Reply | More
more.png

Oct 26, 2015; 5:51pm[h=2]Re: Home from the hospital after hip surgery[/h]

1475 posts
In reply to this post by warp daddy
Excellent!!
Now the fun begins.

Reply | More
more.png

arrow.png
Nov 04, 2015; 4:33pm[h=2]Re: Home from the hospital after hip surgery[/h]

761 posts
Update 3 wks post surgery :
Walked without cane or walker today for the first time
Great mobility with the cane , can dress myself now
Sleeping upstairs now in regular bed
Range of motion improving ,can do squats similar to a half tuck position in skiing , legs wait lifts , leg lateral spreads walking over 2000 ft/day , able to o go for car rides easily , getting into ,out of cars and up down stairs no problems

Stood unassistd to play my guitars for about an hr today , took breaks in a chair every several songs to rest ...feeling pumped !!

Still some swelling but leg and knee definition is really bouncing back ..stiffness is still only real issue but ROM exercises are helping.

jimk

Let us know when your wife can no longer outrun you. Good for you, bad for her :spread:
Just kidding. All the best for a quick and full recovery. Any number of us will be going through the same procedure sometime down the line!

Warp Daddy

^^^^^^^^*
Lmao !!! My principle goal now , my man ��������, FIRST question i asked my PT. hahaha

Warp Daddy

Update : 4 wks today, off the cane walking unassisted , on the tread mill @2.5 mph now , on new step. Machine and stationery bike , have 90 degree rom and able to climb stairs with both legs no longer need to drag surgery side up , can. Drive

progress ahead of schedule

Cornhead

Glad to hear your recovery is going so well Warp. I wish I could say the same of my Dad's. I'm in the hospital with him now, we're awaiting a surgery to clean out a Staph infection in his hip. We were presented two options. The first is to open up the hip, clean out the infection, then six weeks interveinous antibiotics. He would then have to take oral antibiotics for the remainder of his life.

The second option is to remove the implant, put in a spacer, treat the infection, then put a new replacement in after the infection has cleared.

They've decided to go with option one. On the up side, he's no longer showing the bacteria in his blood samples. We'll see how it goes. Hopefully he'll survive the surgery. If not, I'm proud of the effort he's put in these last three months, and I'm grateful for the opportunity to get closer to him.

Warp Daddy

Finished formal PT today , balanced on a tramp in a FULL TUCK skiing position , full 90 degree ROM on leg where new hip is , did several one legged balances on a balance board blindfolded while the PT randomly nudged me from various angles to try to upset balance . , followed. By hr on the three machines was doing 3.5 mph on the tread .

only issue now is residual ache near the groin , low level ache . cOmpletwly off cane , able to easily fo upstairs and have been driving for 2 weeks . Soooo now its gym time on my own and some special stretch routines and leg lifts to work out the groin thing .

monday after thanksgiving i take first x rays since surgery to see progress on bone and tissue development around the titanium hip implant

my pts have marceled about progress to date .....attitude is. Everything !!L

Warp Daddy

Ooops i mispoke ......After the one legged balances she let do two legs while blindfolded on the balance board before she tried to nudge me off balance .. Thats a trippy experience :lol:

Terry

Sounds like you will be back on skis before you know it! Good job and keep up the good work and attitude!!

Warp Daddy

Happy thanksgiving Warp Daddy

All the best to you and Phil TREKIE , you guys are the best !! No snow here in God's country ...guess if i had to miss a season this was a good one to miss . Glad you guys are getting some love out West .. Liking your site ..some good peeps on it !!

Dickc

All the best to you and Phil TREKIE , you guys are the best !! No snow here in God's country ...guess if i had to miss a season this was a good one to miss . Glad you guys are getting some love out West .. Liking your site ..some good peeps on it !!

Maybe when we get some real snow here you will have recovered enough to actually get out on it!