• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Homeowner pulls shotgun on snowboarder by Brighton

BenedictGomez

Property owner living just off Brighton's property pulls shotgun on snowboarder, shoves him, says he can defend his property, and threatens to "fill (him) with holes" if he snowboards onto his property again (Tiktok link below).

Seems pretty reasonable.

Reportedly this "event" took place on Old Prospect Avenue, so via the map I'm guessing this is more a Sidecountry trek than a Backcountry trek, sort of like the Back Bowls at Smuggs.

https://www.tiktok.com/@snow_steeze/video/7339395878232313134

1708985376130.png

Last edited:

MidnightJester

I dont need no Rabbits, Varmints, Skiers and Fucking Boarders on my property.
caminando-elmer-fudd.gif

Vter

Fuck the Snowboatder, STAY THE FUCK OFF MY LAWN !
My land, I pay taxes on my land & it’s not yours for your enjoyment or to sue me when you hit that fucking pipe !!!
It’s NOT your land motherfucket !
Talk to the owner and get permission or be on the other end of a shotgun ! Your fuck’n TRESPASSING !

Bumpsis

Property owner living just off Brighton's property pulls shotgun on snowboarder, shoves him, says he can defend his property, and threatens to "fill (him) with holes" if he snowboards onto his property again (Tiktok link below).

Seems pretty reasonable.

Reportedly this "event" took place on Old Prospect Avenue, so via the map I'm guessing this is more a Sidecountry trek than a Backcountry trek, sort of like the Back Bowls at Smuggs.

View attachment 61317
"
Seems pretty reasonable.
You're joking, right?

thetrailboss

Staff member

Seems pretty reasonable.

View attachment 61317
So after watching that, I call B.S. The guy just happened to be sitting there at that very moment? And the dialogue, and the poster's response, seemed pretty scripted. The disclaimer ("The actions in this video are performed by professionals or supervised by professionals. Do not attempt.") seems like a dead giveaway. This is not on local news media anywhere. And I am pretty sure that is a public road (hence the street sign at the bottom). Finally, the guy looks to be wearing ski boots and his skis are right there in the snowbank. I think it was staged. Just calling it as I see it.

And the "What are you? An IKON user?" was pretty fucking hilarious! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

thetrailboss

Staff member
Saw this on Reddit earlier. Low IQ redditors were ranting and raving. Heard that line, guffawed, and knew that it was fake.
The way that boarder was talking after the "altercation" was very calm and calculated. Not what one would expect to hear if someone was threatened with a gun.

BodeMiller1

Was the land posted? You can't point a shotgun or aim a rifle at anyone just because you want. Not sure what the law is out there. Butt, it's a good way to get shot.

BenedictGomez

Saw this on Reddit earlier. Low IQ redditors were ranting and raving. Heard that line, guffawed, and knew that it was fake.

That was my initial reaction as well, that it was fake as people are doing all sorts of insane stunts to get viral media clicks, especially given the IKON line seemed kind of weird. Also the fact the guy is in the most stereotypical Fudd outfit ever. But the individual in the clip claims police were called and are currently investigating the matter, and that this guy is a well-known crazy, so we'll know soon enough. If it is fake, really dumb to subsequently fictitiously claim to involve the police.

thetrailboss

Staff member
That was my initial reaction as well, that it was fake as people are doing all sorts of insane stunts to get viral media clicks, especially given the IKON line seemed kind of weird. Also the fact the guy is in the most stereotypical Fudd outfit ever. But the individual in the clip claims police were called and are currently investigating the matter, so we'll know soon enough. If it is fake, really dumb to subsequently fictitiously involve the police.
I saw that the poster claims he contacted Brighton and the police. If this was a stunt, I think he is just saying that......

thetrailboss

Staff member
If this is a stunt, then the one thing that he might not have foreseen is that a lot of folks are tagging Brighton's account in the comment section. At the very least, I'd expect Brighton to reach out to this guy.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Well, I’m wrong. This appears to be a real confrontation, as odd as it may be. This news article gives some additional context. The Town knows this guy and is trying to de-escalate things. The boarder had rented a vacation rental in that area and, like others, had to cross private land to get to the public road (Old Prospect). It’s not a new issue.

thetrailboss

Staff member

BenedictGomez

Well, I’m wrong. This appears to be a real confrontation, as odd as it may be.

It was kind of suss, but the fact he claimed to involve the police was the thing that made me think maybe it's real. It would be incredibly stupid to pull a viral fake & involve a named police station.

That said, I think this snowboarder is a douche, and 100% knew he was trespassing. Not buying his story of innocence. I also think there's at least a 25% chance he might have known about this guy and triggered him on purpose given he routinely travels & "films himself snowboarding and puts it online". That and the fact that afterwards he almost seems happy about it all. Like when the paparazzi trigger a star knowing they now have valuable content. My spidey sense in tingling here.

Also, his, "It's like living on a golf course and not expecting golf balls at your house" - ummmm, not really. It's more like living on Augusta National and finding some drunken kids entered through the 2nd hole and are trespassing illegally by playing the course.

Last edited:

rebel1916

Well, I’m wrong. This appears to be a real confrontation, as odd as it may be. This news article gives some additional context. The Town knows this guy and is trying to de-escalate things. The boarder had rented a vacation rental in that area and, like others, had to cross private land to get to the public road (Old Prospect). It’s not a new issue.

Well, I'll be damned

Hawk

If that guy shoots someone he will go to jail. No way around that one. He would have no legal standing. Unless he plants a gun or knife and claims self defense. You can't shoot unarmed people at random in the US.
What if someone was lost, ended up down there and got shot. Very tragic.
I am a reasonable person. Knowing this is skiable terrain I would expect there might be some skiers. If skiers were coming down right at my house I probably would care. But if they were skirting my property or crossing a back portion I would not. I probably would put "signs with arrows saying please use this path out". So they stay in a less visable area.
Unless this guy had previous altercations that ended up with some kind of disrespect or property damage, I think his responce is far from reasonable.