• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How often you get your car washed during winter?

tarponhead

Strictly for road salt related issues. Just curious. My old ride (toyota Rav 4) I never washed the car. I look at the underside now and it looks pretty beat (only 5 yo). New ride has me rethinking this approach.

Mpdsnowman

When the sides of the car turn white and the windshield is dirt streaked because ive been too lazy to dump washer fluid in...
A few times a month lol..

And I always use the cheap do it yourself washes..and if they have a brush that's sitting in water/soap i use that first lol..Then put in the money.

darent

every trip back from skiing, to blow road salt and dirt off car and underbody, car wash just down the street from parking site

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I have to get in a better habit of it... Used to clean my cars weekly especially when salt was on it but now I probably only clean my car every three to for weeks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

deadheadskier

Staff member
Depends on the age of the car. I purchased a new car this summer; it get's washed at least twice a month. Older car, maybe once a month, but often less. Washing an older car is kind of like tuning rock skis for me. I don't bother until it's absolutely necessary. :lol:

bdfreetuna

Same as in the summer which is never (that's what rain is for).

98 Subaru still doesn't have any rust and drives like a champ.

skiNEwhere

Once every couple of weeks. I love my S4.....

If I'm skiing twice a week, I'm putting in windshield washer fluid every week too

dmc

Washed my car this morning..

I generally wash it when it's dirty and it's not going to rain for a bit...

ctenidae

I generally wash it when it's dirty and it's not going to rain for a bit...

My philosophy, too. Once I can see fingerprints from closing the trunk, it's time to clean it. Fortunately, she'll live in a garage almost all winter. Since Sandy kicked us out of our house we're in a short term rental 2 blocks from my office. I'll have to clean my shoes more often than my car, now.

dmc

I actually like keeping my stuff looking nice...

Sorry to hear about your casa.... :(

o3jeff

When ever it's dirty, usually every 1-2 weeks. I figure a car is one of the worst investments you'll ever make so might as well keep it looking good.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
I'm noticing a trend. South like Massachusetts (although not all) and Connecticut clean their cars every week or ski trip. Vermont, New Hampshire (maybe north Mass border) and I'm guessing Maine - maybe twice a season.

Personally? - when ever there's a thaw.

skijay

During the winter it's based on how much caked on white grime is on the sides. Typically its every two weeks. There is one autowash by me that has an economy (laser / touchless) that has the undercarriage spray for $6. I'm concerened about getting the underside clean and getting the wheel wells cleaned. It's more so to prevent rust & rot issues. That liquid de-icer that they spray in CT on the highways is more corrosive than the salt mixture that other states use.

Warp Daddy

Only when the white crap starts on the sides and lots of times i RIDE with others since we SUV pool. T the mtn . my cars is garaged which keeps it decent .

SKIQUATTRO

spring/summer/fall : average 1x week (do myself) inside/out
spring/fall: wax
winter: average 2-3/mo at full service

i used to do the DIY Bays, but make sure you powerwash the brush out first, they hold rocks and will scratch your paint...i learned the hard way one winter with my s4..