• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter-12/26-28

JimG.

Staff member
Spent the last 3 days at Hunter with my 9 year old. Monday skiied well after the snowmaking from Sat-Sun. Minya and East Side in good shape. Wayout good, Ike good. Even Hellgate was decent. Tuesday was similar with warming temps. Snowed briefly in the PM before turning to rain.

Poured from about 5-9pm Tuesday night, then temps dropped big time.

Wednesday started out as hardpack but the snowmaking machine got ramped up and by 2pm the entire front side was feeling the snow love. I'm always amazed by how quickly conditions improve once the machine gets going. Today must be good, tomorrow will be better. Expecting to see snowmaking on some of the good stuff soon.

Back to the hill Fri-Sun. James is my newest ski buddy now. Sometimes I catch myself telling him to take a break. Soon I won't be able to keep up.

ALLSKIING

Staff member
Spent the last 3 days at Hunter with my 9 year old. Monday skiied well after the snowmaking from Sat-Sun. Minya and East Side in good shape. Wayout good, Ike good. Even Hellgate was decent. Tuesday was similar with warming temps. Snowed briefly in the PM before turning to rain.

Poured from about 5-9pm Tuesday night, then temps dropped big time.

Wednesday started out as hardpack but the snowmaking machine got ramped up and by 2pm the entire front side was feeling the snow love. I'm always amazed by how quickly conditions improve once the machine gets going. Today must be good, tomorrow will be better. Expecting to see snowmaking on some of the good stuff soon.

Back to the hill Fri-Sun. James is my newest ski buddy now. Sometimes I catch myself telling him to take a break. Soon I won't be able to keep up.
Nice Jim...Getting a lot of days in fast!

keyser soze

I was also there Wednesday and agree. A.m. was choppy/icy and they started the guns a little after lunchtime. Guns laid down huge amounts of snow by the time i left at 3. The only bummer was skiing through the guns and clearing the goggles.

I was on the lift with ski patrol and they said they would be blasting for at least 36 hours. The mountain should be in very good shape today. I'd love to get there again but family is visiting from out of state:(