• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Huntington's Disease hope for cure everyday

Scottyskis2

"From some else asking great info in opinion about this fucken horrible illness and let everyone what we patients go through:
"""
Good evening, my name is Tamarra and I have been on this platform a few times in support as my sister in law has HD. I am a Filmmaker and I am working on documentary to promote awareness and support for HD patients and family members.

I'm looking for anyone who is able to share there story in hopes to create global change for more solutions and support. Also doing a case study on what needs within the HD community is being overlooked.

Feel free to message me or send a email to
Tamarra.thomas15@gmail.com

Scottyskis2

Every year my mom holds a golf tournament for my dad who passed away from HD and I have JoHD. We raise money to help pay for the University of Iowa to their HD research. Please help since we all know what this disease is but no pressure at all:) if you are in the Iowa area come check us out!

Scottyskis2

Very sad I know HD effects kids much worse than me this young girl needs all kinds of support

Scottyskis2

My illness explained above in great detail

Scottyskis2

Former students has Huntington's disease and talking about how horrible it is "
#LetsTalkAboutHD with Laurie & Marie Clay

#LetsTalkAboutHD #HDSA #HuntingtonsdiseaseVIOStQ4F64eTzqZEaKqNsdrXUwU6sOwJo0LofJ9w6CyRHytM

Scottyskis2

Tomorrow Thursday At 1 pm west coast time.
https://www.blogtalkradio.com/help4...Ea9rVf4tYZOjGSIMHh8kPTP9wM8noDjfVbzh3djW_-2wQ
"We are so excited about Help 4 HD Live's first episode of the HDF Young Investigator Series! Charlene Smith and Gong-Her Wu discuss their recent HD research using imaging to be able to look INSIDE the mitochondria to evaluate how HD affects the powerhouses of our cells. To learn more tune in Thursday at 1pm PST: https://www.blogtalkradio.com/help4hd

Can't make the live podcast? Listen later on your streaming service: Spotify, iTunes, iHeartRadio, or Blog Talk.

Scottyskis2

Not me but some who share this horrible illness:
""'It's my 39th birthday today. I have no friends to celebrate it with.. about a week ago I got a HDshirt-- https://moteefe.com/store/hd-shirt and I like it but most of the people didn’t like it. They have never tried to understand my feelings. I hope the people in our group will understand my emotions.

Scottyskis2

""This has got to be one of my favorite #HDUncut shows thus far. Chef Chris Brown joined me again to discuss his recent visit to Wave Life Sciences, but we got into our feelings and discussed so much more than that - and it was powerful. TW: We do discuss suicidal thoughts and other things that could be triggering, so please be aware of that. ""

Scottyskis2

On Thursday, Chef Chris Brown and I spent over an hour talking for the #HDUncut series. This was truly an inspiring show for me. Chris is so honest and authentic.

There are so many great parts to the show, so I'm thinking of doing multiple highlight videos, but we will start with this one to give everyone an idea of our conversation.

To listen to the full episode, please visit [http://tobtr.com/12241358](http://tobtr.com/12241358)

Enjoy!

Scottyskis2

Last Chance for Scholarship Applications!
Do you have a #HuntingtonsDisease research abstract that you’d like to have considered for presentation at #HSG2023?

The 2023 Shoulson Scholarship is awarded to one recipient and covers meeting registration for the 2023 HSG Annual Meeting in Phoenix, two nights lodging at the meeting venue, airfare up to $600, and a $150 travel stipend.

Apply Now! https://bit.ly/46ovXIH

Scottyskis2

The new huntingdon disease shower pictures for the great nurse home
In Rhinebeck ny nursing home for 6 weeks now just move to HD wing on 5 floor when it opens last week

Attachments

• 20230701_130641.jpg
    20230701_130641.jpg
    907.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 20230701_130637.jpg
    20230701_130637.jpg
    791.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 20230701_130636.jpg
    20230701_130636.jpg
    866.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 20230701_130634.jpg
    20230701_130634.jpg
    931.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Scottyskis2

HD talk Tuesday July 4
At 2pm ny time zone
We hope you will join us at our HD Caregivers' Support Group - Tuesday 2pm PST. Inbox us for the zoom link or contact us here: https://www.help4hd.org/contact #Help4HD #HDCaregivers #HuntingtonsDisease

Scottyskis2

Great HD news:
"Huge news today (In my opinion). The NIH (National Institute of Health) has awarded 22 million to a new initiative dubbed "Correction of Neurological Disease via Allele Specific Excision of Pathogenic Repeats”.

One of the goals of this is to bring a CRISPR based therapeutic to clinical trial within 5 years for Huntington's Disease!! "• Project I will utilize AAV-CRISPR techniques to address Huntington's disease, with Krystof Bankiewicz, MD, PhD, as primary investigator. This is the flagship/trailblazer project, which is most likely to yield an approved Investigational New Drug application within 5 years."

You can read the full details here and I'll be happy to answer questions but they're finally aiming to bring CRISPR to people in a relatively quick timeframe for Huntington's Disease! As many in the group know, I am -extremely- excited about the potential of CRISPR to cure HD and right around the corner is a more advanced version called Base Editing.

I know 5 years sounds like a long time but it could come even sooner and I was trying to be conservative in my hopes so wasn't expecting something like this to come about for another 5 years and we'd have it within 8-15 so this is huge to me! Everyone keep your fingers crossed everything goes smoothly for this and we can remove those expanded CAG repeats in everyone!

Read the full story here: "

Scottyskis2

We are SOOO excited to partner with HD Reach and HDYO (Huntington's Disease Youth Organisation) for our Youth & Young Adult Track during HIPE, Michigan. Anyone 35 and under is welcome to join in on the video game competition and other sessions. For more info and to register, please visit: www.Help4HD.org

#help4hdhipe2023 #Help4HD #HDYO #HDReach #GameOverHD #VideoGames #Gamer #Youth #YoungAdults #HIPE #HuntingtonsDisease #HD #JHD #JuvenileHuntingtonsDisease #Michigan #Detroit

Scottyskis2

#LetstalkaboutHD 38th Annual HDSA Convention Clinical Trials Showcase

To learn more about #HuntingtonsDisease, please visit HDSA.org.
#LetsTalkAboutHD #HDSAFamily #HDSAConvention #StrongerTogether #OneHDSA