• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

I could deal...

SKIQUATTRO

"Skiers were stuck at Utah's Snowbird resort because Little Cottonwood Canyon was closed to traffic for avalanche control", spokeswoman Laura Schaffer

hope that Western storm makes it way East!!!!

drjeff

"Skiers were stuck at Utah's Snowbird resort because Little Cottonwood Canyon was closed to traffic for avalanche control", spokeswoman Laura Schaffer

hope that Western storm makes it way East!!!!

Only thing that would suck about that is if they went on a total interlodge situation where even if you're up in the Canyon, you can't go outside until there done with all the Avi control. Then you'd be trappped indoors, staring at all that pow-pow, and when all the blasting is done, yes, you'd still have a jump on all the people in the cars driving up the Canyon for 1st tracks, but it wouldn't be your own private mountain for all day. :(

SKIQUATTRO

ok....so whats the worst, you are on top of a mountain in a raging snowstorm in a cabin with first tracks...life could be worse!

Robert Goulet

I live in Alta now. Yesterday, snowbird and the road was closed all day and Alta was open for just locals. tons of snow, nobody to ski it but us. Best of all worlds. I've been stuck in interlodge until 12 before but it's never a bummer cause you know you are going to be the first to ski it. By the time the cars get up the road after it opens, I've generally skied 3-4 runs, pretty much by myself with some other canyon emps. I'd rather have that than get to ski all day with no new snow and a whole bunch of idiots form SLC. Hope it makes its way east for you guys. We are supposed to get 9-12 tonight and 10-14 tomorrow....yippee. Free refills and maybe they'll close the road again......

SkiDog

Interlodge right now....

17" more last night ( i think thats like 34" in 2 days). More this afternoon....MORE Friday! More Sunday into Monday....

Can't say it sucks living here :D

30 days in...literally 90% knee deep or better...

M