• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

If you could go on a ski vacation anywhere, where would it be................

koreshot

Denton.

and then if I have any legs left go for:
- Chamonix
- Las Lenas

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
So how about it HPD, Dog, Riv, where would ya go ??
lol, don't look for any creative or original ideas from a guy that has never skied outside of new england :lol: utah for altabird, solitude, and the interconnect tour. silverton and wolf out at CO. and jackson hole are all musts on the to do list. if money was no object, alps sounds nice. i don't know the areas out there. would love to go south of the border for some portillo action. in the east, still need to hit the chic chocs. newfoundland seems like a major time investment, would be a cool trip with the right crew. no rush.

RISkier

And drinking.

The apres ski in Saalbach (which is reputed to have some of the liveliest apres ski in the Alps) was quite amazing. Folks singing, dancing in ski boots, and drinking to an odd mix of bad American schlock (stuff like Show me the way to Amarillo and Sweet Caroline) and oompa music -- REALLY BAD, but so BAD it was fun. Very wild party scene but in a fun, friendly way. Almost everyone we've met or interacted with in Austria were very friendly and polite. The ice bars in Lech were more refined but still lively. Our experience in Austria has been pretty limited but in terms of the actual skiing, I'd opt for Utah.

bvibert

Staff member
Good thread, lots of really good trip ideas!

Being that I haven't been to too many places, and only in the east, I guess I would go somewhere in the west. Not really sure where though. A trip down south during the summer would be pretty sweet too though!

Jonni

I would prolly head for CO or Utah. (Insert CO or Utah Ski area here) is where I would spend the week. Then if I felt that needed anything more I would finish off either heading for Mammoth, Whistler/Blackcomb or (for a change of pace) MRG.

loafer89

Anywhere I have not already been too.

I am suprised at how many people listed Mammoth, it is one of the most difficult ski areas to get to, maybe that makes it appealing.