• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

J. E. T. S. Jets jets jets

2knees

SI ranked them numero uno going into the season. I still cant believe the steelers basically handed Holmes to them for a bag of peanuts.

I'm betting they miss the playoffs completely. Dirty Sanchez aint the man.

SkiDork

At least the Mets just completed a successful roadtrip.

They went here:

bizarro-world.jpg

deadheadskier

Staff member
Not sure why the Jets released Thomas Jones. I think Tomlinson is done and they would've gotten more production out of Jones. Though Shonn Green showed some signs of being a player as well.

Their defense is unquestionably one of the best in the game. Will see how Sanchize does. If Trent Dilfer can be the QB on a SB team, Sanchize could as well.

2knees

hey dhs, you think brady is gonna hold out and/or do you think the pats will play hardball with him like they have with some of the other veterans over the years..

Lots o' nervous sports fans in boston these days. The level of naiveness of some of the callers to weei is incredible. they absolutely put brady in the diety category.

deadheadskier

Staff member
They'll pay and he'll play.

It's funny, the perception is that the Pats don't pay. Not just amongst fans, but their own players. Randy Moss said so in an interview last season. Um Randy, do you know who the highest paid WR in the game was over the past three years? YOU, ya idiot!

Brady will get his, maybe not Peyton money, but darn close. It's not even about his performance, it's about his value to the franchise in terms of marketing. I suppose the possibility exists that he could depart like Montana did, but the Pats don't have a Steve Young in the pipeline.

Geoff

They'll pay and he'll play.

It's funny, the perception is that the Pats don't pay. Not just amongst fans, but their own players. Randy Moss said so in an interview last season. Um Randy, do you know who the highest paid WR in the game was over the past three years? YOU, ya idiot!

Brady will get his, maybe not Peyton money, but darn close. It's not even about his performance, it's about his value to the franchise in terms of marketing. I suppose the possibility exists that he could depart like Montana did, but the Pats don't have a Steve Young in the pipeline.

The difference is that the Patriots rarely overpay. They historically have let a lot of role players who wanted big bucks sign with other teams. Those players have rarely played up to the level of their contracts.

I'm with you. Brady will get his dollars.

The Jets have a very good team. Great D and a pretty strong O-line. Only time will tell if that wins a Super Bowl. The NFL is all about parity. This isn't the Yankees against Baltimore. The teams all have the same payroll. The bad teams get to load up on high round draft picks. If the coaching and front office are any good, most teams should make the playoffs every few years.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Agreed on role players being let go. As an example, they will not be paying Mankins what another team might. Sucks to lose a top 5 guard in the league, but my guess is that's what will happen.

Surprised they were able to get a deal done with Wilfork.

Occasionally they do overpay. Adalius Thomas and Rosevelt Colvin come to mind

SkiDork

The difference is that the Patriots rarely overpay. They historically have let a lot of role players who wanted big bucks sign with other teams. Those players have rarely played up to the level of their contracts.

I'm with you. Brady will get his dollars.

The Jets have a very good team. Great D and a pretty strong O-line. Only time will tell if that wins a Super Bowl. The NFL is all about parity. This isn't the Yankees against Baltimore. The teams all have the same payroll. The bad teams get to load up on high round draft picks. If the coaching and front office are any good, most teams should make the playoffs every few years.

except the question mark is the subtraction of Faneca...

drjeff

except the question mark is the subtraction of Faneca...

Don't forget that other "small" variable too, injuries! Just using the Pats and Jets alone, in the last 7 or 8 years, they've both suffered season ending injuries to their starting QB in the 1st half of game 1 of the season with Testaverde for the Jets and Brady for the Pats.

Pretty much in the modern NFL era, the biggest thing is get through the 1st 10 games at 6-4/7-3 WITHOUT any season ending significant injuries and then let the "real" season begin from there. Right now it's more about fantasy stats than "real" foootball IMHO

4aprice

I went to the opening Jet game the year after they lost to Denver in the Championship Game when Parcells was coach. The crowd was really pumped thinking it was the Jets year. Half way through the 1st quarter Vinnie Testaverdi dropped back to pass and crumbled in a big heap (leg injury). The guy in front of us turned around and said "Now I feel like I'm at a Jet game". Such is the life of a Jet fan.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

SkiDork

yeah that Vinny injury sucked.

The SI prediction sux too. They picked the Mets last year and thats when we lost everyone to injury...

JerseyJoey

yeah that Vinny injury sucked.

The SI prediction sux too. They picked the Mets last year and thats when we lost everyone to injury...

Jets could win it all if they can stay close to 100% healthy. They have put together a great team that can and should wreak some havoc on the rest of the AFC. They just need to stay healthy, which is a tough thing to do in the NFL (or any major sport for that matter).

Hope they're good this season. Giants too.