• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jay Peak Lawsuit

Domeskier

The law is available; my legal opinion is different. Even someone with some understanding of practicing law, which you seem to have, would understand that.

I guess I shouldn't be expecting any thetrailboss law review articles soon, then.

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
For the peanut gallery...

frustrated-skateboarder-fail-o.gif

mattchuck2

Website
skiequalsmc2.blogspot.com
I'd imagine the peanut gallery exited this discussion a long time ago. The only thing left to do is watch in amazement as a seemingly crazy person tries to extricate himself with some semblance of self respect and decency, only to fail repeatedly as his reputation among other forum posters and the lurking community declines further and further.

It's a cautionary tale, really. We all realize that internet arguments are, at their core, stupid. But few have reached this level of tragic desperation. But I'm sure he'll beat on, boat against the current, etc.

Domeskier

I'd imagine the peanut gallery exited this discussion a long time ago.

You are still here, despite not having made one single intelligent contribution to this whole discussion. But just out of curiousity, what crazy position am I trying to extricate myself from?

C-Rex

That you're the kind of guy that would help a burgular sue a homeowner because he injured himself breaking into their house.

Domeskier

That you're the kind of guy that would help a burgular sue a homeowner because he injured himself breaking into their house.

Ah. I had forgotten that this thread started with some trespasser suing JP for injuries sustained while skiing a closed trail. Guess I am crazy.

Mpdsnowman

They shouldn't have to even take the pass. They can deactivate the pass so it doesn't scan.

Sent from my XT907 using AlpineZone mobile app

thats pretty much the reality there, since the intro of the RIFD system they do have total control over those passes. When the article mentioned classes on the interstate that did make me cringe. But ive seen classes all over the mountain over the years so i guess its not all that uncommon to go outside the magic carpet area.

Unfortunately we are a lawsuit society. Whos right, whos wrong, whose fault, how , why, where, when are nothing more than words in a tool box used for financial justification along with validation. Yet the out of court and undisclosed settlements which cannot be published and exploded onto the internet unlike the initial "crime" if you will, are clearly viable and as long as the final payments are complete then everyone who really shouldnt be involved is satisfied.

The Plaintiffs have their answers
The Defendants have their answers
and a little girl will hopefully and most likely grow up to be a positive and normal individual(with or without the lawsuits)....with a lifetime pass for her and her entire family...

May sound cruel people but unfortunately thats how it usually pans out....

thetrailboss

Staff member
The Plaintiffs have their answers
The Defendants have their answers
and a little girl will hopefully and most likely grow up to be a positive and normal individual(with or without the lawsuits)....with a lifetime pass for her and her entire family...

May sound cruel people but unfortunately thats how it usually pans out....

After the whole Killington fiasco, please don't say lifetime pass ever again! :lol:

AdironRider

Domeskier, you realize that crux of your argument is that they shouldn't be teaching where advanced skiers could possibly be.

That pretty much excludes the instructor as well. Woops.

Domeskier

Domeskier, you realize that crux of your argument is that they shouldn't be teaching where advanced skiers could possibly be.

That pretty much excludes the instructor as well. Woops.

No, the crux of my argument is that ski areas have a responsibility to teach novices in environments that do not increase the inherent risks of the sport. I think the fact that a novice skier was severely injured by an out-of-control advanced skier is sufficient to withstand summary judgment in favor of the ski area.

Domeskier

[...more pandering to imaginary fan base]

I guess it was inconsiderate of me to ask. I suspect your lips would positively fall off if you had to re-read the thread to come up with an original and substantive comment.

Smellytele

No, the crux of my argument is that ski areas have a responsibility to teach novices in environments that do not increase the inherent risks of the sport. I think the fact that a novice skier was severely injured by an out-of-control advanced skier is sufficient to withstand summary judgment in favor of the ski area.

Against my better judgment. I always ignore the voices in my head.
Anyway. While it does not really matter if it is a novice on not. The out-of-control advanced skier could have hit anyone skiing slow in this area (which most people do ski slow in this area). So having a novice in this area is not the issue at hand but having someone skiing out of control here is the issue.