• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jay Peak MLK Weekend Promo for Other Passholders

thetrailboss

Staff member
271824501_10159718687329441_2434852357889233001_n.jpg

KustyTheKlown

i was gonna go to jay on Saturday but currently it looks brutal. high of -4 before windchill.

i think i throw the gf a bone on Friday night with a date and no skiing Saturday, and then make moves sat night for sun-mon. ikon unblacks out monday.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I figured that the weather or conditions must be such to try to entice people to come....

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
So... the Vail Special...

Very good marketing, imo. They probably have a good number of empty rooms with the stupid cold temps and know the people from the Vail areas are looking for actual terrain and resort functionality.

snoseek

If they only extended this to midweek id be all over it

mister moose

Wait, they're reducing their OMP discount??? That means it's more expensive. Probably a little late to real that one in.

KustyTheKlown

so monday is starting to look like a proper wicked noreastah, but if the path wobbles west we are fucked

in the short term this makes skiing sunday-monday and getting home very complicated. may need to ask for tuesday off.

snoseek

so monday is starting to look like a proper wicked noreastah, but if the path wobbles west we are fucked

in the short term this makes skiing sunday-monday and getting home very complicated. may need to ask for tuesday off.
If you're gonna be up there anyhow then definitely take it off the drive would be awful. The wind will be a factor as well. If it happens Wednesday will be the day rake that off too

KustyTheKlown

at this point it looks like i may need to do a day trip to soVT sunday and get home safely before the storm, and then ski next weekend in the leftovers. i cant take all these days off, I'm taking like 2.5 weeks off next month to go to idaho. at least this should get magic open if it pans out.

Smellytele

at this point it looks like i may need to do a day trip to soVT sunday and get home safely before the storm, and then ski next weekend in the leftovers. i cant take all these days off, I'm taking like 2.5 weeks off next month to go to idaho. at least this should get magic open if it pans out.
COULD be another storm end of next week as well. Way too far out for that be correct but we can dream.

KustyTheKlown

Without any hint of storm, with the glades out of play, totally not motivated...

jay has like 10+ open glades right now and is probably skiing a lot better than you think it is. I'll find out sunday.

Kingslug20

Windchill forecasts for saturday are 20 to 40 below zero...
Im out
Sunday monday tuesday ...im in