• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

JetBlue

Ski Man

Just got cancelled for 5 days of skiing in Colorado, Thank You JetBlue. This is now way to enjoy my EPIC Pass at 5 mountains. Anyone been to Sunday River is the past 2 days, conditions?

drjeff

Just got cancelled for 5 days of skiing in Colorado, Thank You JetBlue. This is now way to enjoy my EPIC Pass at 5 mountains. Anyone been to Sunday River is the past 2 days, conditions?

A friend of mine has a place at SR and was up there last weekend, yesterday included. As she put it about yesterday, she had about 1/2" of ice to chip off her car just to get into it and then a semi flooded, quickly changing over to frozen parking lot, to also deal with before she even started her drive back home to CT yesterday :eek:

dlague

I am sure it will be hard today but they tend to recover quickly. The bumps and glades will definitely not be in the cards until it warms up a little like this weekend.

4aprice

Explain. Was it because they grounded flights due to the weather? You could not reschedule? They just flat out cancelled you? Hope you get out there to use the pass.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

skifree

any chance they can put you on another airline? I would be bitching up a storm

ScottySkis

Sorry I heard they cancelled their flights because if the cold. Don't places in Canada get this cold and they fly air planes?

soposkier

Love flying jetblue for the most part, but when JFK has delays the whole system can get messed up.

mlctvt

That sucks, especially when going on Vacation.

My bosses JetBlue flight to Florida on Saturday was canceled too, he just got out this morning. It's his first and probably last JetBlue experience!

I've got reservations to Mexico on JetBlue in March , I hope I don't have problems too.

croninovative

Generally speaking, this has a lot more to do with weather at the airports than the airline itself. I know during the last storm JFK was closed entirely for more than an hour because the runways "were like skating rinks". Snow is manageable for the aviation industry, but the freezing rain and icing conditions wreak havoc on an airplane's airworthiness and thus the airlines' schedules. Blame Mother Nature, not JetBlue.

Smellytele

Generally speaking, this has a lot more to do with weather at the airports than the airline itself. I know during the last storm JFK was closed entirely for more than an hour because the runways "were like skating rinks". Snow is manageable for the aviation industry, but the freezing rain and icing conditions wreak havoc on an airplane's airworthiness and thus the airlines' schedules. Blame Mother Nature, not JetBlue.
Other airlines did not do what JetBlue did

wa-loaf

Other airlines did not do what JetBlue did

Jet Blue's flights are pretty heavily concentrated in the NorthEast where other carriers have hubs in other locations. It hit JB harder than the others. Of course that doesn't really matter to all the people who had flights canceled.